New Content January 2018 IotM: January's Garbage Tote

Xande1

Unknown item found: January's Garbage Tote (unopened) (9689, 423585413)
--------------------
9689 January's Garbage Tote (unopened) 423585413 tote_closed.gif usable t 0 January's Garbage Totes (unopened)
# Item January's Garbage Tote (unopened): Allows you to rummage up Holiday Detritus
--------------------

Unknown item found: January's Garbage Tote (9690, 586693375)
--------------------
9690 January's Garbage Tote 586693375 tote_open.gif usable 0
# Item January's Garbage Tote: Allows you to rummage up Holiday Detritus
--------------------

Using the tote goes to a choice adventure, with 6 choices, 5 give items (presumably), and the last one is a walk away type option. Didn't check choice #'s. 4th choice (tape) gives:

Unknown item found: wad of used tape (9694, 289222586)
--------------------
9694 wad of used tape 289222586 usedtape.gif hat q 0
wad of used tape 50 none
Item wad of used tape Muscle Percent: +10, Mysticality Percent: +10, Moxie Percent: +10, Item Drop: +15, Meat Drop: +30, Lasts Until Rollover
--------------------
You acquire an item: wad of used tape

Unknown item found: broken champagne bottle (9692, 267897529)
--------------------
9692 broken champagne bottle 267897529 chambottle.gif weapon q 0
broken champagne bottle 50 Mus: 0 1-handed knife
# Item broken champagne bottle: Doubles item drop bonus while the champagne flows
Item broken champagne bottle MP Regen Min: 4, MP Regen Max: 8, Weapon Damage Percent: +50, Lasts Until Rollover
--------------------
You acquire an item: broken champagne bottle

No idea yet how this interacts with steely eyed squint.
You can use again to return your current item, and get a diffferent one, no idea bout limits or penalties.

Last edited:

Darzil

Developer
Broken champaign bottle message :
Code:
<p>The last drop of your party champagne dripped out during this fight, so you toss the bottle away.<!--familiarmessage-->
It also tells you number of drops (adventures) left before that, I should have grabbed that info.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I guess I'm looking for some spading on how the champagne bottle interacts with Steely-Eyed Squint before handling the modifier. The shirt's doubling modifiers probably mean some extra work too.

Last edited:

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
I guess I'm looking for some spading on how the champagne bottle interacts with Steely-Eyed Squint before handling the modifier. The shirt's doubling modifiers probably mean some extra work too.

Talking spade unfortunately didn't tell me anything when I checked, which probably means CS, Huggler are also ineffective. If anyone happens to have a Mom Slime up and wants lots of extra slimy alveoli, let me know.

I wonder how the shirt interacts with Jungle Juice, which is also a (albeit location-specific) doubling of stat gains (as opposed to a +100%, since they multiply).

I suspect against mother slime, the champagne bottle simply won't work like against hobo bosses.

Ezandora did run a quick test with it and reported in hardcore, which suggests it stacks with squint for 4x item drop.

[07:20] Ezandora: You acquire an item: filthworm hatchling scent gland -hic-
[07:21] Ezandora: mafia tells me I have +240% item, adjusted for being underground and the steel-eyed squint. -hic-
[07:21] Ezandora: 240 + 120 is 360
[07:22] Ezandora has the What Are The Odds!? effect
[07:22] Ezandora and the champagne bottle equipped

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
18368 should handle all the doubling when wearing the equipment, I think. The Maximizer does not recognize the gear at all, and even suggests taking it off if it is equipped. Since the code in KoLCharacter, Modifiers, and modifiers.txt is the same for Steely-Eyed Squint and broken champagne bottle, I assume it's part of the maximizer equipment code that I've never tried to understand.

Darzil

Developer
r18369 adds some basic support.
Not entirely happy with it at present, as it isn't accurately displaying the bonus. Seems to be working for suggesting items, though, at least.
We could probably add a predictive element, as we do for stats, so we can handle in Evaluator.getScore() and Modifiers.mods.predict(), and avoid the special handling I've added.
I'm also concerned that the system added for these, using Modifiers.extras[ modifier ] only works when a mod is a single modifier, not when it is a summation of modifiers, as it relies on the name. I'm tempted to replace it with, for example, a DOUBLE_ITEM_DROP double, which we multiple ITEM_DROP by 2 to the power of after calculating all Item drops. But that's not something I currently have time to work on.

I just maximized my item drop, and I was surprised I managed to get to 9.4k, so I ran a quick check. Mafia seems to think the champagne bottle on it's own quadruples item drop.

91595df145.png

qwertyaznman123

(possible) foldable bug:
You acquire an item: broken champagne bottle *** slot hat: KoL has (none) but KoLmafia has wad of used tape

attempting to run the maximizer (i.e. maximize items) attempts to equip the wad of used tape and then fails, i.e.
Maximizing...
20 combinations checked, best score 365.00
Putting on wad of used tape...
You don't have the item you're trying to equip.
Unable to meet all requirements via equipment changes.
See the Modifier Maximizer for further suggestions.

Darzil

Developer
Yeah, have that on my list to look at. Maximiser Speculation doesn?t currently check that you have enough items to cope if more than one item in a fold group is in a speculation.

Edit = Hmm, actually, looks like it should, will try to work out why it isn't working.

Edit 2 - Ok, that's working fine, issue is that January's Garbage Tote isn't removed, unlike all other fold groups, so Mafia thinks you have two when you have an item.

Last edited:

Darzil

Developer
I just maximized my item drop, and I was surprised I managed to get to 9.4k, so I ran a quick check. Mafia seems to think the champagne bottle on it's own quadruples item drop.

91595df145.png

I'm guessing (haven't got a character with both at the moment, as I'm in a 100% Noobcode run for the trophy for a few more days on my only character with Squint), that we shouldn't list it as having Item Drop in modifiers.txt. Can't test this for a few days, but maybe Lost can.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Yeah, have that on my list to look at. Maximiser Speculation doesn?t currently check that you have enough items to cope if more than one item in a fold group is in a speculation.

Edit = Hmm, actually, looks like it should, will try to work out why it isn't working.

Edit 2 - Ok, that's working fine, issue is that January's Garbage Tote isn't removed, unlike all other fold groups, so Mafia thinks you have two when you have an item.

No, that had nothing to do with foldables in general. For some reason mafia thought their inventory still had a wad of used tape after it should have been removed. Mafia has no idea that it can "create" items by "fold"ing them currently. My only speculation is that api.php might have been loaded between mafia removing the old item and KoL actually removing it, but I don't really know.

Darzil

Developer
Sorry, but it is in foldables.txt, and so Mafia knows how to fold to them. Maximizer can consider foldables, but there is some bugs with that which I am currently working on. Alone of things in foldables.txt, making the item does not remove the original item.

Hope to have a hacky solution soon.

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
18373 should calculate all the item drop doubling properly. I would not expect this code to work, but all the maximizer cases I could think to check and all of the evaluation of actual results give expected numbers now.

AlbinoRhino

maximize +item +equip Mr. Screege's spectacles

equip hat eldritch hat

use 1 January's Garbage Tote
Took choice 1275/2: Grab a broken champagne bottle
choice.php?whichchoice=1275&option=2&pwd
You acquire an item: broken champagne bottle

equip weapon broken champagne bottle

equip off-hand Bag o' Tricks

equip shirt flaming pink shirt

equip pants eldritch pants

equip acc1 Mr. Screege's spectacles

equip acc2 Mr. Accessory Jr.

equip acc3 your cowboy boots

equip familiar plastic pumpkin bucket

So...my "login" script dresses my character via the maximize cli command (via cli_execute) and today it appears to have automatically created the broken champagne bottle (and subsequently burned all its charges while doing free fights).

Is that intended ? I believe the maximize cli command always limited itself to on-hand stuff previously ? Perhaps I'm wrong.

Darzil

Developer
If you want to stop this, either add a -equip broken champagne bottle, or switch off the option to include foldables.

If you have maximizerFoldables=true, then Maximizer will use foldables - we just haven't had any that will use themselves up like this before.

This has been the case since I added support for foldables, but has only just started using the Garbage Tote ones properly with yesterday's fixes.