Bug - Not A Bug Cannot access several areas when Mafia using Mafia

Nodosaurus

When I am using mafia, I cannot use the relay browser (Mozilla) in any form to access the plains or Wal-Mart. When I try, the system responds with "Whoops! You're not actually in a choice adventure."

Initially, this just happened with the Plains. Recently it has spread to Wal-Mart.

I've tried installing newer version of Mafia, I also tried older versions that formerly worked, always with the same results.

Mafia is linked to open browsers in Mozilla. If i use another browser, such as Safari, that browser works fine.

Any help, advice, or suggestions are welcome.

Nodosaurus

It felt odd that I didn't think of that.

And more bizarre as to what happened.

Now it no longer give me the choice adventure bug, it takes me to The Florist Friar's Cottage.
Both areas do the same thing.

If I delete all versions of Mafia on my computer, is there a cache file or something else I should delete before reinstalling?

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Since you said it behaves as expected in other browsers I would be inclined to focus on Mozilla rather than keep reinstalling mafia.

Are you running any browser add ons? If so try disabling them.

Try deleting any cookies related to kingdomofloathing.com.

Nodosaurus

Sorry for not getting back sooner. I have a lot of add-ons in Mozilla, after reviewing them, it is difficult to disable them, at least I don't see an easy way. But I'm pretty convinced they are the issue.

Do you know if there's a way to like one thing (KOLMafia) to another browser but still have Firefox as the default?

Thanks for your input. Sorry that I didn't think it through first.

Preferences -> External Programming -> Browser?

The help text makes it sound like that's meant to help mafia find your default browser, but it's worth a try.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Preferences -> External Programming -> Browser?

The help text makes it sound like that's meant to help mafia find your default browser, but it's worth a try.
This is the way to choose any browser you want. My default browser is Safari, but KoLmafia opens up Firefox, since I like to punish myself.

Nodosaurus

Good grief. That worked and was too easy.
Being a retired engineer, I immediately started by looking for the most complex answer possible!

Thanks!