My .jar is skinny?

Raven434

Hi All,

Just another strange observation before I head out for a beer and enjoy the nice weather with the wife...

<LOL>

My compiled .jar is 2,105,372 bytes. The locally posted .jar is 2,116,233 bytes. Basically a 10K difference.

Is it normal to see deltas in size like that?

Maybe PC built versus Mac built?

I build the .jar through the repository with Ant 1.7.0 and the 1.6.03 JDK.

Anyways - thanks for any illumination of today's "weird computer science factoid #3,123,322".

:)

dangerpin

Well, since I have done the bulk of the daily builds it could possibly be some sort of rogue file in my Source directory. I do not get an M suffix on my builds as I would expect if I had such file of files. I guess I could clean out my files and get a completely fresh build just to be sure.

When files are compressed, a single compression algorithm that decreases the size of one file will increase the size of some other file. Commonly a compressor will select a method of compression allowable in a format, and store what method was used in the file being compressed so as to get the best compression. a slightly different version can open a new compression codec which could then allow a file to come out a different size.

I'm more for the idea that there is a rogue file hanging around though.

dangerpin

I forgot last night, but ran a cleanup on my source directory this morning after the daily build. So you should be able to check tomorrow's daily build and see if we still have different file sizes.