Did I mess up my Mafia install? Or, how do I fix this, please?

sleepy g

[del]I noticed last night that whenever I eat fortune cookies the relay browser now shows every given lucky number with the buffs. Currently I have 7, 48, 74, 112, 143 and 171 showing up as "fortune cookie"s. If I eat another cookie, I just get more fortune cookie adventures.[/del] OK.. strike that... I just ate another (my second cookie today) and there is now only one cookie adventure left..so that seems to be working normally again. I do still have my clover issue.

I am using the latest jar available (which I downloaded moments ago) -- 10820. Using windows 7, in case that matters.

I've also noticed that clovers are no longer being converted to disassembled clovers automatically.

I did some searching around the forums with no luck... any ideas or suggestions short of a complete deletion of the mafia folder and reinstall? I really do not want to lose all my CCS and scripts, etc..

Thanks in advance for any suggestions, and feel free to reply to this posting or kmail me.. I usually log on at least once a day.

Last edited:

sleepy g

OK.. I just visited the nuns (I was a frat boy for the quest) by clicking on "nuns" in the daily deeds and I buffed myself before visiting the nuns. I dont think I ever did this before... curiouser and curiouser...

Bale

Minion
[del]I noticed last night that whenever I eat fortune cookies the relay browser now shows every given lucky number with the buffs. Currently I have 7, 48, 74, 112, 143 and 171 showing up as "fortune cookie"s. If I eat another cookie, I just get more fortune cookie adventures.[/del] OK.. strike that... I just ate another (my second cookie today) and there is now only one cookie adventure left..so that seems to be working normally again. I do still have my clover issue.

Just so that you know, this is a KoL thing, not a mafia thing. If you do not him adventure.php after getting a semi-rare (or missing a semi-rare), then your next semi-rare will not be triggered and you will not get useful numbers from eating a fortune cookie. This most frequently strikes people who have been spending time getting to level 500 in the basement, but there are a few other ways that you might get this problem, like eating a fortune cookie immediately after getting the shrinking powder since the hidden city is the only semi-rare not in an adventure.php zone. Just hit a zone with a regular adventure.php link and the problem goes away.

sleepy g

thanks y'all.. I've checked boxes and understand the weirdness of the fortune cookie (better anyway)..

thanks again!