Auto attack, build 5449

I keep setting auto attack to attack with weapon using the relay browser, and kolmafia keeps turning it off when I run a script, or even when I just use the GUI auto adventure feature.. Can anyone tell me why it's doing this, and how to stop it?

Raven434

I am getting that too. It's been going on for a few builds, I think.

I thought I was doing something wrong.

dangerpin

Could you set defaultAutoAttack to 0 at the end of your script?

Code:

set_property("defaultAutoAttack", "0");
OR
cli_execute("set defaultAutoAttack=0");

It will work with either the skill name OR the ID number of the skill. I guess this is a workaround, mafia turning my default attack off and on has gotten my negative attention too.

Raven434

The other two things I noticed over the past 24 hours:

Logging in with Mafia takes FOREVER. Logging in via the web - no Mafia - just a few seconds. The Java client hauls ass on the first couple of transactions - very snappy and then totally bogs down at Session Data Refreshed. I have timed it with my wristwatch - 30 - 90 seconds to log in after that.

DB related weirdness - my chained attack for Disco Concentration stopped working:
skill Disco Eye-Poke
skill Disco Dance of Doom
skill Disco Dance II: Electric Boogaloo
attack

This combo worked fine on Tuesday and borked last night.

It looped Disco Eye-Poke forever.

There was a CLI message but I missed it. Something about a skill not found and a weird action URL / PHP listed with it.

I should have written it down or screencapped it. Sorry. :-(

dangerpin

I have noticed some memory-leak-like issues that have caused the problems you have described, but all where I was running characters one right after the other without closing down Mafia in between. In my experience closing down Mafia and starting it back up again has gotten me back up to even faster speeds than I would normally consider, possibly because I'm playing in the middle of the day during a short holiday week.

holatuwol

Developer
[quote author=efilnikufecin link=topic=1404.msg6447#msg6447 date=1198735224]
I keep setting auto attack to attack with weapon using the relay browser, and kolmafia keeps turning it off when I run a script, or even when I just use the GUI auto adventure feature.. Can anyone tell me why it's doing this, and how to stop it?
[/quote]

It's doing this because people were experiencing problems where they terminated KoLmafia before it had a chance to disable auto-attack. So, rather than assuming that everyone will just run one copy of KoLmafia no matter what (meaning, store whether or not this specific copy of KoLmafia is the one that changed it), I made a safer assumption and assumed that if there was a non-steal auto-attack, KoLmafia was responsible.