using the graphical cli for drinking booze...

when i try and use the graphical cli for my morning consumption, i can use everything but the damn booze, my current block of text i put in is...
buy 2 Milk of magnesium; use 2 Milk of magnesium;
buy 3 knob sausage chow mein; eat 3 knob sausage chow mein;
buy 3 glimmering roc feather; use 3 glimmering roc feather;
buy 3 hot wad; use 3 hot wad; outfit meat;
buy 9 dusty bottle of great; use 9 dusty bottle of great;
and it will do all of them up to use 9 dusty bottles of great, now, it recognises which bottle is great, cause i use four characters, and the same text, it makes that automated, it buys the great bottle for each character, but it wont let me use the bottles in the graphical cli.
now, even if i go and use the actual full name, no dice. use the name without great, nope. use my nightcap, a bucket of wine, still no go, despite no name change for ease of use. it always says "... is an alcoholic beverage." in red text. someone told me it may think im in teeotolar or something, but it lets me use them from the item menu, the relay browser, ect. i have no coding skills or anything, i just seen these processes, and seen if i could hook them together.
EDIT: also, for my exit block of text,
csend 1 meat to testudinata; buy 1 bucket of wine;
outfit adv
any way to make it wait until i have the effect ode to booze, then auto use the bucket of wine? hell, if im streamlining it, might as well go for broke.

Last edited:
okay but how about these two,
outfit adv
any way to make it wait until i have the effect ode to booze, then auto use the bucket of wine?
also, when i have more than 50 adv of buy sell, buy sell, i get cookies, and will until i've beaten the chessboard 50 times. right now, i use
buy "DRINK ME" potion; use "DRINK ME" potion;
how would i use the graphic cli to also auto adventure until the reflection of a map, use the reflection of a map, and auto do the chess game? i tried doing it with choice 5; chess solve;
but it doesn't work, and that game won't be auto-solvable. it goes a bit nutso, saying things like bad password hash, and kicking the relay browser out of kol.

me259259

okay but how about these two,
outfit adv
any way to make it wait until i have the effect ode to booze, then auto use the bucket of wine?

There's probably a way to do it with the cli, but it's a whole lot easier to use ash.

also, when i have more than 50 adv of buy sell, buy sell, i get cookies, and will until i've beaten the chessboard 50 times. right now, i use
buy "DRINK ME" potion; use "DRINK ME" potion;
how would i use the graphic cli to also auto adventure until the reflection of a map, use the reflection of a map, and auto do the chess game? i tried doing it with choice 5; chess solve;
but it doesn't work, and that game won't be auto-solvable. it goes a bit nutso, saying things like bad password hash, and kicking the relay browser out of kol.

I made an ash script for you. It should do everything you want it to do... however, I'm in hardcore, and can't test it. Let me know if it works.

The script will:

Use milk
eat the food you want
use the spleen items you want
change your outfit to the "meat" outfit
send 1 meat to testudinata
Wait until you get ode (or it will stop trying after 10 minutes)
Drink the booze you want

The second half of the script does the following:

adventures in The Red Queen's Garden until you get a reflection of a map, or until 20 adventures pass.

Unfortunately, I don't remember offhand how to get mafia to automatically go to the giant chessboard. I lost some of my scripts recently (hard drive decided to fail at the same time I was backing up data... fun!) and I don't remember how I used to get there. I think I used "visit_url" to brute force my way to the chess board. If someone else knows how to do it, please say so.

Once you're at the chess board, you can type in "chess solve" in the Graphical Cli to solve the chess board.

Attachments

• leeman27534.ash
    1.5 KB · Views: 35
very cool, thanks, i got a script with my name on it! don't really need the ode for my morning, since i get ode at the end of my night, for 30 adv, and 10 is used for the bucket of wine at night. then, i just use 18 for the next day's drinking... but still, very cool. ill test it after midnight, its almost 11 now, and get back with another reply.

me259259

Ok, I'm out of hardcore now, and I did some testing. Right now I'm working on how to solve the chess puzzle. If I use a reflection of a map, and if I set mafia to go to the chess board, no matter how I tell mafia to handle the choice adventure with the chess board in it, mafia won't solve the puzzle. If I don't set mafia to do anything at the chess board, it aborts because it doesn't know how to handle the choice adventure. If I use visit_url to get to the chess board, mafia doesn't update the "lastChessboard" property with the new chess board, and can't solve it. Does anyone know how to get mafia to get to the chess set, and be able to solve it?

honestly, that was one of my problems. typing choice 1, 2 whatever usually works, and the command from the relay browser is chess solve, but it messes up somewhere between the two in the CLI. ironic that it works fine in the relay browser. still, the buy, use, adv until map is what i wanted more, ill use the relay browser at the end if i have to.

a while ago, you made me a script for my diet, and the redqueen's garden. thanks, works nicely. but now i was wonderng if yo can help me ou gain. i got done with the red queen cookie getting, have like 50-60 cookies stored up, so thats good. i opened the ash file in notebook, took out the adv stuff. also made it so it uses 1 milk of magnesium 2x, cause one of my charas it messes up using 2 at once, and uses none. don't mind the extra purchase, when it gets time to ascend, ill just buy some off for my other charas. also added drinking one can of swiller, to get that 19 drunkeness. it works alright, but i was hoping you might make another adventure one, where it uses up to 2 buy, sell, buy, sell adventures inthe giants castle, then takes a bounty, does the bounty, then summon 2 (the second demon, preternatural greed) and use 1 the legendary beat, then spends the rest of my adventures in the giant castle. and is there a way to make commands, like i type outfit meat to use my meat outfit, but its a customized one, so i can type "outro" for instance, and it does "csend 1 meat to testudinata; buy 1 bucket of wine;outfit adv;" for me?
also, dusty bottle of great not working.
it used vinegar pinot noir for my main, and a different one that was the glass one. i think it worked the other day, but now...

Theraze

For outro, you'd want to do something like:
alias outro => csend 1 meat to testudinata; buy 1 bucket of wine; outfit adv;

me259259

also, dusty bottle of great not working.
it used vinegar pinot noir for my main, and a different one that was the glass one. i think it worked the other day, but now...

This is because the wine is different is different every time you ascend. The quality of the "dusty bottles of" wine is based on the glyph associated with the wine, and the glyphs are randomized every time you ascend. Using a "dusty bottle of great" (like the script uses) will use a different wine per character, per ascension. Even though the name of the wine is different, it will always use the good one.

me, i know that, and when i copy the block of text to the cgi, it works fine, uses the great bottle for each chara. but i used the script recently, and it used a different one. first one wasn't bad, used binegar bottle, no acholol, but the second one was glass, and it was achololic plus no adv. different bottles too, it just went awol.
theraze, so if i put in alias outro => csend 1 meat to testudinata; buy 1 bucket of wine; outfit adv; into a script, any time i type outro into the graphical cgi, i'll get hte csend 1 meat to testudinata; buy 1 bucket of wine; outfit adv; effect?

Last edited:

me259259

me, i know that, and when i copy the block of text to the cgi, it works fine, uses the great bottle for each chara. but i used the script recently, and it used a different one. first one wasn't bad, used binegar bottle, no acholol, but the second one was glass, and it was achololic plus no adv. different bottles too, it just went awol.

Hmm... that's odd. There shouldn't be any difference between using the cli command or using ash, because they both refer to the same thing when figuring out which one is the "great" one.

The only thing I can think of is that maybe you don't have Lord Spookyraven's spectacles in your inventory? If mafia doesn't know which dusty bottle is which, it will try an unknown bottle until is stumbles upon the right one. Did you recently ascend, and didn't pull the spectacles?

Ethelred

<snippage>

The only thing I can think of is that maybe you don't have Lord Spookyraven's spectacles in your inventory? If mafia doesn't know which dusty bottle is which, it will try an unknown bottle until is stumbles upon the right one. Did you recently ascend, and didn't pull the spectacles?

Aren't the spectacles quest items? Can you really pulll them? I don't seem to have any in Hagnk's.

i haven't ascended since my original post, so i doubt its a problem made from ascending...i've been meat grinding since christmas, so im getting kida impatient. and i still got some to go. i was lucky and was given two itoms in one day, somehow, so two characters are ahead of the others, but its still going to be another three months likely.

Winterbay

Aren't the spectacles quest items? Can you really pulll them? I don't seem to have any in Hagnk's.

Yes they are, and no you can't :)

i haven't ascended since my original post, so i doubt its a problem made from ascending...i've been meat grinding since christmas, so im getting kida impatient. and i still got some to go. i was lucky and was given two itoms in one day, somehow, so two characters are ahead of the others, but its still going to be another three months likely.

Do you exit Mafia between characters? It has been known to happen that Mafia gets confused about which character's special information to use if you do "logout x; login y" without exiting in between. So if character x has good wine be one of them and y has that same wine be vinegar then that could be the reason.