Any Mac users out there? Having startup problems

liffe

Hello, first let me thank you all for all your work on this excellent tool. I mostly just use the relay browser, and it is so helpful I've grown to really depend on it! Now the problem: I can launch Mafia and log in, but then nothing happens. Before logging in I have all the menus, but as soon as login is finished, the login window and all the menus disappear except for the KoLmafia menu. I can select quit, and it does log my character out, but the app itself never quits, and I have to force quit before I can try again. I'm on Mac OS X.6.8, with (according to the latest bug report) Java 1.6.0_26. I should maybe say that this problem has been intermittent over the past several months. I switched from official releases to the Jar builds around October and some worked fine while others had the problem described above. The latest official release does the same thing. I'd been using 10208 for a long time, until I tried a later version (I think 105-something? which didn't work), and then I could no longer log in with 10208, instead getting a bug report each time I tried. Most recently I've been using 10571, which worked great at first but then stopped. 10678 also worked the first time I tried it but no longer does. Any help would be greatly appreciated! If you need more info, just let me know. Thanks!

Theraze

First suggestion... reboot (or otherwise make sure all possible hung java jobs are closed) and then run the latest daily build again. There were hung java builds for a while, but they should be cleared up now.

If it still fails, close all java processes again, then create a debug log before hitting the login button. Help->Start Debug Log. Post it as a Bug in the Bug Reports thread, and attach the debug log. :)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Make sure "log in with SSL" is turned OFF if you do post a debug log of your login sequence - or edit your user name and password out of the debug log before you post it.