Feature Acquire necessary seal candles when summoning infernal seals

Orbrisa

I have "buy items from NPC stores whenever needed" checked. I've unlocked the muscle class guild, and am a Seal Clubber who has completed the nemesis quest.

I type "use 5 ancient seal" in the CLI and get an error message: "You need more seal-blubber candles." (This has occurred with other NPC stores, I think, but I've spaced on the details. And I just tried typing "use wereseal" and it bought one without any issues.) And I think I've seen Mafia buy candles on in this situation before. Not sure though? Apologies if this is user error.

Anyway, I have a debug log, but I have no idea if it will be helpful. In case it is, it's attached. Thanks to anyone who takes a look at this.

Attachments

• DEBUG_20120225.txt
    11.3 KB · Views: 50

slyz

Developer
Could you type:
Code:
get autoSatisfyWithNPCs
ash guild_store_available()
buy 1 seal-blubber candle
and paste the results here?

Orbrisa

Code:
> get autoSatisfyWithNPCs

true

> ash guild_store_available()

Returned: true

> buy 1 seal-blubber candle

Putting on Travoltan trousers...
Equipment changed.
Purchasing seal-blubber candle (1 @ 95)...
You acquire an item: seal-blubber candle
You spent 95 Meat
Purchases complete.
Putting on square sponge pants...
Equipment changed.

slyz

Developer
After looking around a bit in the code, I don't see anything about automatically buying seal-blubber candles when the user uses a seal figurine. Has that behavior changed recently?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
There is no code to acquire seal blubber candles (or imbued seal blubber candles) when you use a seal figurine.

We do have a method - GenericRequest.sealRitualCandles( itemId ) - which could be used to figure out what is needed.

This is not a bad idea for a Feature Request, but it's not something we've ever done, so I don't see its absence as a bug, especially.

I will correct the title and classification of this report.

Orbrisa

Okay, thanks. Guess I misremembered what Mafia used to do in this circumstance. Not the first time, and it probably won't be the last, unfortunately. >.> Much appreciated.