Alternative auto-reprice

Metraxis

Since allowing the functionality I want in a script would allow KoLMafia to be far more easily used as a mallbot, I'm phrasing this as a direct feature request.

The store manager currently includes an auto-reprice button which handily attempts to undercut prices for items in the mall, and also quite handily identifies unmarketable junk (i.e. Minimum priced items), allowing the junk to be subsequently removed and autosold, which is all to the good. What I would like to have available is a small twist on this functionality, specifically, price auto-match instead of auto-undercut. In plain English, a way to take either all items or all maximally priced items and set their mall prices to be exactly equal to the lowest mall price rather than trying to undercut and sell ahead.

Second, it would be nice (though I suspect more difficult) to be able to set a limit threshold for determining the current minimum price. That is, if an item sells in bulk for 2300, but there are 40,000 available for 500 @ 1/day, it would be nice to pass over the limit and match/undercut relative to the bulk price. I know mall tweaks are sensitive, so discussion may be in order, but I don't view either of these ideas as particularly nefarious.

Neither of these to me sound in anyway violating the rules of loathing. (In my oppinion). That said, here are my ideas.

The first question/idea would be simple (I think). Just add something that says,
IF clicked
setPrice = currentLowest
instead of the current,
setPrice item = currentLowest - 1 (or whatever the undercut amount is).

Here is another idea to add onto this thought. maybe a new preference could be added called "Undeercut amount"). Basically you set the amount you want mafia to attempt to undercut by, if the price goes below the possible amount it sets it to 999,999,999 (The current default). Otherwise it would do;
setPrice = currentLowest - undercutAmount

Did all of that make sense? (It did in my mind at least... lol).

Onto number two...

I'm not sure how you would decide whether or not to go with the current lowest amount "bulk" price or the "regular" amount... But here is how you could make a compromise with the mall/mafia.

Do something like,
Get current lowest 5 prices for the said item. And get the average price. So in the case of an item like you described it would work like this:
Price 1: 489 Meat
Price 2: 500 Meat
Price 3: 1,340 Meat
Price 4: 2,300 Meat
Price 5: 2,300 Meat

Now the math:
((489+500+1340+2300+2300)/5) = 1,385.8
Mafia would then attempt to place the said item in the mall for 1,386 Meat (rounded up).

Its an idea. Because I don't think that Mafia (as of yet) does not have any way to lookup if an item has any type of purchase limits. If it does you could do something like,
IF item has purchase limitations && price < average price (averaged like I did before)
Price item at next lowest amount. OR Price item at next lowest amount - undercut amount (As mentioned in the first part)

These are all concepts. Please don't hold this long confusing post against me... If you have any questions about anything I said please ask, I have a feeling I didn't convey my thoughts very well. :)

Metraxis

Internally, KoLMafia is capable of recognizing limits, which is necessary in order to respect them when buying in bulk using the graphical CLI (Recent example: buy 100 rock salt). Exposing those facts directly is dangerous to the game in a sense, as it would allow people to do nefarious and lag-inducing things. When I said 'lowest bulk price', I meant, 'lowest priced store that does not have a limit'.