Automatic epic weapon creation question...

Taria

I switched to version 11.8 at the beginning of my current ascension, and I noticed that when I tried to cast AT or TT buffs without having the epic weapon, it would automatically try to make it.

Is there a way to turn that off?

I couldn't make a mace on day one due to lack of clovers, but I still wanted to use empathy some of the time. It got kind of irritating having it repeatedly try and fail to make one whenever I tried to cast empathy, then having to go into the skills menu in the relay browser to do it. And I'm currently scared to try casting elemental saucesphere from the gui - I neither need nor want an upgraded saucepan. And I don't really like it using any trinkets I've found for things I didn't specifically ask to be made either.

hippymon

In the preferences under the general tab it is about the 8th line from the bottom, it will say "Allow equipment changing when casting buffs" be sure this is unchecked. If that doesn't work I don't know.. Or if you go to the preferences .txt file be sure to have
"switchEquipmentForBuffs=false"

Taria

Nope. I have that unchecked already. And it mostly just seems to do mp cost reducing gear anyway. (At least, that's all *I* have that it would swap in before I turned it off.)