Drop Down Required Item Permanent Add

gulogulo

Is there a way to add additional item drop requirement options to the drop down box when automating adventures? An example - The Orc Chasm gives a drop down menu option for 1 64735 scroll, 1 lowercase N and I would like to change that to 1 31337 scroll, 1 64735 scroll, 1 lowercase N. Is this possible to edit and add options to? Is there a scripting or built-in script like the CCS for this?

My apologies if my searching lacked and I missed a previous post regarding this.

Much thanks,
-gulo

Bale

Minion
Nope. No such feature exists.

You can change them by typing, but it will be forgotten about as soon as you change locations.

Theraze

Or you can manually compile your own copy of mafia, updating the adventures.txt file to give yourself whatever conditions you'd like... but no capacity exists for overwriting the list without compiling your own copy.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Or you can manually compile your own copy of mafia, updating the adventures.txt file to give yourself whatever conditions you'd like... but no capacity exists for overwriting the list without compiling your own copy.

Do datafile overrides no longer work? (unadvised, granted...)

Theraze

Well, I remember one tacked on bug report about someone trying to do that data override among others and reporting that they were having issues, but for the most part, believe we're trying to avoid the external datafiles...

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
You can override adventures.txt to add custom default conditions. Unadvised, as hee**3 says...

Well, I remember one tacked on bug report about someone trying to do that data override among others and reporting that they were having issues
Yes, and when we asked for further info - like a copy of the adventures.txt override they tried - we were met with dead silence. Not one person with "issues" ever followed up.

Last edited:

gulogulo

Thanks, all, for your replies and the bit of history.

This comes up about a handful of times for me per ascension so it's not too big a deal to manually enter the alternatives.

Much thanks,
-gulo

Theraze

Nice... yeah, I know we had a rash of useless reports right then where people kept reporting things nobody had ever seen and then dead silence on requesting enough information to troubleshoot. Grr.

Hope it works for you, gulogulo. :)