Complain to Jick script error

"Server www.kingdomofloathing.com returned a blank page from http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php. Complain to Jick, not us."
Clearly, not Jick's fault.

I'm not entirely sure what's causing this, as my breakfast script makes no calls to this, unless relay overrides are applied even when not relaying.

I'm using CHIT, which I'm fairly certain is the only override I have that would get called in the scenario I just suggested, but looking at the code it only once makes a call to that location, and it happens -before- the error.
Code:
You have a current version of Character Info Toolbox.
_version_chit => 0.5
Server www.kingdomofloathing.com returned a blank page from http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php. Complain to Jick, not us.

So there are quite a few lines of code in character.ash between the visit_url() and the error.

Anybody else experiencing something similar?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
unless relay overrides are applied even when not relaying
They are. My charpane override is set to shrug anapests, and mafia does that even when I use groose grease from the item manager.

Bale

Minion
Wait. You shrug anapests from a charpane override? That's... odd. I hadn't thought something like that would even work, but I guess why not if my woods.ash can complete the untinker quest and get a transfunctioner.

Still... the question begs to be asked, "Why don't you do that with the mood manager?"

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I usually don't have a mood active. I remove moods and change them all the time when I'm in aftercore and actually using them. I will never want that effect active, so I put the command in a script that will always be active. (I also have a line to remove Jawbruised.)

Also, when I set it up, moods were still activating after spending a turn for manual adventuring, which would have meant a turn spent with the effect active if I didn't take any action, and that's much less useful than having it removed as soon as KoL initiates a charpane reload in response to me using the item that gives the effect in the first place.