Monospaced font

holatuwol

Developer
Since a lot of script-writers are programmers also, I figure I'd bring up the ever-popular "what font do you use for programming" question?  (I'm a huge typophile)

Most of the time, I use a font called "screen12" that used to be up on the download section of Textpad (it was in the fonts by SUN Microsystems section), but it's no longer avaiilable for download anywhere (it doesn't really have a unique name, either).  So, after hard drive failure, I switched to Monaco and Andale Mono on OS X, which work well enough, but I really wanted a new font.

Then recently, I discovered Luxi Mono (here) and Bitstream Vera Sans Mono (here); the first will likely be my font of choice for programming from now on and the latter will likely be my font of choice for anything that I won't edit (the sans serif being easier to scan).  I'm also fascinated by Pragmata (here), but the pricetag has me stunned for a bit.  What about the rest of you?

We can change the font in Notepad? :p :p

Ever since fonts became a business rather than a labor of love, I don't mess with them.

And you know what? It makes it easier to use computers other than my own as well! :)

But hey, whatever you like. I just can't add to the discusion any further.

macman104

Yea, I write all my scripts either in notepad and just use courier new, or I've also been writing them in JCreatorPro which is technically for java, but it numbers my lines, so for my longer code, I like to look at it in there. But then I just copy and past to a notepad file.

Nightmist

Lucida Console
Regular
Western

Thats on my notepad anyway (Also with word wrap turned off, mainly for the "jump to line" that only works when word wrap is turned off...)

holatuwol

Developer
For school-related work on the Windows laptop I received from my dad, I've switched to Consolas, and while I don't like it so much on my Mac (Luxi Mono still is my preferred choice, and since the other link died, it's available here), I absolutely adore it on my PC with ClearType turned on.

I still want screen12 back, though. ;_; That was the perfect font for running things in terminals, and while Monaco works, it's simply not the same.