How to use only one item?

I was trying to set my CCS file to spice monsters to death (I'm doing cocobo run, but I could see doing this with a starfish as well). I have funkslinging perm'd. But I only have one turtle totem and no other spice-like items. KoLmafia is trying to sling two totems, resulting in an error.

I read in the manual that you can set the two items by separating them with a comma. But I can't figure out how to set a slot as nothing. Does anyone know?

Thanks in advance.

macman104

I thought mafia would try to use two, and if it couldn't find two, it would find another "stasis" item, and if it couldn't find that, it would just use one. I'm not aware of any specific way to define "one and only one, never two"

hippymon

The only thing I could think of if experiment with something like

item turtle totem, none
OR
item none, turtle totem

:\

[quote author=macman104 link=topic=1287.msg5948#msg5948 date=1193267131]
I thought mafia would try to use two, and if it couldn't find two, it would find another "stasis" item, and if it couldn't find that, it would just use one. I'm not aware of any specific way to define "one and only one, never two"
[/quote]That's what I thought as well. But it doesn't do the "just use one" part if it can't find a second - it tries to throw two even if there is only one. Maybe that is a bug in the java.

Using "turtle totem, none" or "none, turtle totem" doesn't work either, unfortunately. "None" was what I could think of as well. I was hoping there might be some other syntax I was being stupidly oblivious to.

Well, I'm past this now in my run (I got some more spices in the Kitchen). But I leave the issue out there, in case anyone can resolve it for posterity. Or science!