Buffbot Manager questions

Wolffauer

Hi There!

Can anyone point me towards a guild for the current Buffbot manager? I'm trying to re-establish a buffbot and I'm running into some questions.

Specifically: What causes a buff to be marked as Philanthropic?

When those buffs are set to Once-a-Day, are they supposed to be really limited to once a day (if so, that doesn't seem to work) or is there some other limit?

Is there still some sort of white list feature?

In the past (KoLMafia 9.9), we had a buffbot set up which allowed philanthropic buff to be given only to clan members and all the other buffs available to everyone else. Is it still possible to set up something like that?

Thanks!
Wolffauer

holatuwol

Developer
The buffbot feature was in the middle of a revamp before I more or less lost motivation to complete it due to some really hostile forum responses to my efforts (this is a hobby, so if you destroy my motivation to do something, it won't get done), so the current buffbot is incomplete.  Looks like some of your issues are a side-effect of that incompleteness.

• What causes a buff to be marked as Philanthropic?
    KoLmafia computes the MP cost of the buff and the cost of MMJs to restore that much MP.  It then compares it to the cost of the buff.  If this cost is greater than the price, it flags the buff as philanthropic.
  • When those buffs are set to Once-a-Day, are they supposed to be really limited to once a day (if so, that doesn't seem to work) or is there some other limit?
    No, it turns out philanthropic limits were broken after the code cleanup.  This should be fixed and the fix will be available in the next release.
  • Is there still some sort of white list feature?
    There is a "only allow clan members to receive philanthropic buffs" feature, but the ability to turn it on wasn't added to the user interface.
  • Is it still possible to set up something like that?
    It was my intention to allow for this, but the option was never made available.  I've gone ahead and made the option available for this present for the next release.

Wolffauer

Thanks! That's all great news (well apart from folks on the forum with hostile responses)

I'll look forward to the next release then.