non programmer needs help getting newer versions of KolMafia to run please.

kotinka

Hi,

I want to automate the Crimbo adventures but the version of kolmafia.exe I downloaded does not seem to include the Advent Calendar locations. I am running version 14.8 r9875. I have looked in all the areas in the drop down box and I cannot find the lollipop forest or fudge mountain. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Assuming I'm not looking in the wrong place, I wondered if I need to use a more up to date version of KolMafia. So I installed JDK 1.7 and winant (an executable version of ant as I couldn't figure out how to install the apache version). As I am a moron, I've also installed virtual ant (a GUI for ant).

Now I'm stuck as I don't know what I need to download, where to put it or what to do with it.

Can someone with patience and a sense of humour (or a large brandy) give me a hand please? I may be trying to do too much, I just want to whizz through some fudge collecting.

Thank you!
(brain melting...)

Soluzar

As far as I know you can now safely remove the JDK and Ant. You won't need them unless you wish to compile from the source.

Theraze

Unless installing JDK replaced the regular installation, and in uninstalling it, you end up with nothing... if that happens, just reinstall the JRE.

But yeah, if you aren't going to compile from source and you don't have any other purpose for it, you can get rid of the JDK and Ant. If you are going to compile from source, you'll also need an SVN client, like TortoiseSVN. Directions on how to set it up are in the Wiki. One way or another, software is likely to change. :)