KoL Mafia Simply Disappears

Rahmuss

I'm not sure what's going on, I'm not sure if this issue is computer related or not as I have yet to have the chance to try it on another computer for a sufficiently long enough test period.

Windows 7 (64-bit)
KoLmafia-14.8 and KoLmafia-10009.jar

I use a text file for CLI commands and just open either the .exe file or the .jar file and go to scripts and choose my script. This script will go through my main and my multis and a sometimes a couple of accounts I'm babysitting. Sometimes KoLmafia will simply disappear. It will disappear at random times; but always with a similar condition. The condition is when the window closes. So it can disappear when the login window closes before it opens the main kolmafia window. That's normal; but sometimes after it closes the login window the main window never shows up (I mean for hours), yet in my processes list javaw.exe *32 still shows up. And in fact I can't safely remove my flashdrive (where my KoLmafia files are) without ending that process. The other time it simply disappears is when it's finished with running one character and it logs out, it should go back to the login screen; but again, it doesn't.

It's always worked before, and suddenly just started having issues. I don't remember any recent Windows updates. It's been happening for maybe a week now. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Rahmuss

Thanks for the idea. I'll have to give that a try tonight. It says the memory leak was keeping the program open, so I'm assuming that would resolve the javaw.exe still running in processes issue. Is that then also related to why it's disappearing? I'll check tonight to see if it works I guess.

slyz

Developer
Just to be clear, the memory leak issue (from logging in and out of MANY accounts in the same session) and the javaw.exe process not finishing when closing Mafia have nothing to do with one another.

Rahmuss

Just to be clear, the memory leak issue (from logging in and out of MANY accounts in the same session) and the javaw.exe process not finishing when closing Mafia have nothing to do with one another.

I don't think I have the memory leak issue then, because this issue can happen the very first time it tries to log into mafia. Does that mean the issue with the javaw.exe is still going to be a problem? If so, any ideas on how to correct that? Is it because it's running the 32-bit javaw.exe file in a 64-bit mode?

Theraze

10009 had a problem with mafia disappearing. They believe it has since been fixed. As well, there was a memory leak that was fixed. The two are unrelated, except in that they were both bugs that are believed now to be (more) fixed.