Vampout - automatically unleash your inner vampire

coderanger

[size=+2]vampout 0.4[/size]

Automatically equip your Plastic Vampire Fangs and run the choice adventures in Vamp Out.

[size=+1]To Use:[/size]
  1. Install zlib.
  2. Download vampout.ash and place it in your scripts/ folder.
  3. Run vampout.ash either from the scripts menu or via run vampout in the CLI window.

[size=+1]Settings:[/size]

vamp_do_vlads
  • true: Visit Vlad's
  • false: Do not visit Vlad's (default)
  • aftercore: Visit Vlad's in aftercore/out of ronin

vamp_vlads_goal
  • damage reduction: Get the Mistified buff
  • spell damage: Get the Bat Attitude buff
  • weapon damage: Get the There Wolf buff (default)

vamp_do_isabellas
  • true: Visit Isabella's (default)
  • false: Do not visit Isabella's
  • aftercore: Visit Isabella's in aftercore/out of ronin

vamp_isabellas_goal
  • muscle: Get mus substats
  • mysticality: Get mys substats
  • moxie: Get mox substats
  • main: Get substats for your primary stat (default)
  • meat: Get meat and lose HP

vamp_do_masq
  • true: Visit The Masquerade (default)
  • false: Do not visit The Masquerade
  • aftercore: Visit The Masquerade in aftercore/out of ronin

vamp_masq_stat
  • muscle: Join clan Brouhaha
  • mysticality: Join clan Torremolinos
  • moxie: Join clan Ventrilo
  • main: Join the clan corresponding to your primary stat (default)
  • none: Join clan Malkovich

vamp_masq_goal
  • prince: Get Prince of Seaside Town buff and a clan off-hand (default)
  • book: Get Pride of Seasdie Town buff and Interview With You item
  • pride: Get Pride of Seaside Town buff
  • heart: Get your own black heart item

Changelog:
  • 0.1: Initial release
  • 0.2: Fix for vamp_masq_stat=main, previously always joined Malkovich
  • 0.3: Get Vlad's buff last when not getting a Masquerade buff
  • 0.4: Add support for aftercore-only stages

Attachments

• vampout.ash
    9.8 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
So I see that $stat[main] gets "Bad stat value" from mafia. I see that vamp_to_stat was created to handle that, but is never called. And I see vars["vamp_masq_stat"].to_stat() which will return none if it's set to "main".

coderanger

Ahh yep, you are right. Right now vamp_masq_stat=main will just always give you Malkovitch. Fix is in for the next version, thanky!

linguinelad

help

So I ran the script and it automatically did stuff without asking me which goals I want. How do I set up which goals to do? Do I paste the above commands in the CLI and then run the script?

slyz

Developer
All the variables are zlib vars. You can type
Code:
zlib vamp
in the gCLI to see the list of variables and their current values.

To change a setting, simply type
Code:
zlib setting = value
in the gCLI, or you can use one of the relay zlib variable editors.

Zaranthos

So, I ran this once to set the default variables and it refuses to run after that. I'm able to vamp out in the relay browser so I don't know why it won't run.

zlib vamp_do_isabellas = false
zlib vamp_do_masq = true
zlib vamp_do_vlads = false
zlib vamp_isabellas_goal = main
zlib vamp_masq_goal = heart
zlib vamp_masq_stat = main
zlib vamp_vlads_goal = weapon damage

Trying to get the black heart but it either hates a setting or doesn't work. No errors in gCLI at all, it just does nothing when I run it.

coderanger

If you have already vamp'd then future attempts would be no-ops for the same area. If you mean you ran it yesterday and are not getting anything today then please run "zlib verbose = 9" to get debugging output and run it again (and post any output you get).

Zaranthos

I had ran it once so that explains it. But I don't understand it not spitting out something "You can't do that Dave". Someone told me it should work 3 times a day so I thought something was screwed up.

Last edited:

coderanger

Each of the three sub-sections can be visited once per day, however because there is no way to cancel the choice adventure once started the script just has to track which areas it has visited. It does print out messages about already visiting a location, it just does it at verbosity level 6

Last edited:

Thok

Like the script, thanks for writing it coderanger. What about tracking the visits in mafia properties ("_visited_vlads" or "_vamp_visited_vlads" etc.)? That way you could track whether a goal had been visited that day.

coderanger

Like the script, thanks for writing it coderanger. What about tracking the visits in mafia properties ("_visited_vlads" or "_vamp_visited_vlads" etc.)? That way you could track whether a goal had been visited that day.

That is, indeed, exactly how it works :) I just mean that Mafia doesn't have that kind of tracking internally and there isn't anything in-game to check do if, for example, you manually use the fangs it gets out of sync.

bsander

Shouldn't Isabella be accessed first by this script? Since Isabella only gives you stats (or meat) and the other two adventures (may) generate an effect for 30 turns, accessing Isabella after Vlad needlessly reduces the net Vlad effect by 1 adventure if the script is configured to run all three vamping options in one go.

It's an easy fix of course. I just changed the order of visits in my script to this:
Code:
  try {
    if(vars["vamp_do_isabellas"] == "true") {
      vamp_isabellas(vars["vamp_isabellas_goal"]);
    }
   if(vars["vamp_do_vlads"] == "true") {
      vamp_vlads(vars["vamp_vlads_goal"]);
    }
    if(vars["vamp_do_masq"] == "true") {
      vamp_masq(vars["vamp_masq_stat"].vamp_to_stat(), vars["vamp_masq_goal"]);
    }
  }

I left the Masquerade after Vlads because for me PoST > any Vlad effect, but it can of course always be complicated further. For instance if you want Your Own Black Heart, Masquerade should also be accessed before Vlad.

Last edited:

Zaranthos

Glitched today and won't run. Relay browser shows nothing stuck and waiting to run. Restarting mafia doesn't help.

> call scripts\vampout.ash

Putting on plastic vampire fangs...
Equipment changed.
ERROR: Must continue vamping, please load relay browser
Putting on fudgecycle...
Equipment changed.

> zlib verbose = 9

No setting named 'verbose' exists.

> zlib verbosity = 3

Previous value of verbosity: 3

> zlib verbosity = 9

Previous value of verbosity: 3
Changed to 9.

> call scripts\vampout.ash

Running ZLib version: r33 (current)
Running vampout version: 0.2 (current)
Putting on plastic vampire fangs...
Equipment changed.
Not visiting The Masquerade
ERROR: Must continue vamping, please load relay browser
Putting on fudgecycle...
Equipment changed.

Well apparently it thinks I started when I didn't unless the first run did and failed to finish?

For the love of.... I forgot to drink my final drink of the day and had 0 adventures but would it tell me that? No. Stupid, stupid, stupid...

Last edited:

coderanger

Actually upon further reading, the script is still useful for automating daily visits, I can just remove most of the logic.

justinarms

Looks like this script is no longer needed, support for the mazes has been added to Mafia itself. http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?9...-for-automating-Vamp-Out-(Interview-With-You)

Hmm, I'm kind of new to this stuff. Would you mind explaining to me how to use the autoVamp support in mafia?

I'm trying to add "getting a your own black heart" to the daily deeds of an account I'm running. He doesn't have vampire fangs, but he does have access to the Interview With You item. When I tried using your script, I kept getting an error "Expected ), found “main” (vampout.ash, line 49)". I tried changing that to "none" instead, but I had the same problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

justinarms

Oh damn, that it is. Thanks for pointing that out! If anyone is curious, if you set it as your goal, when you begin Vamping out you will have the option of "going to goal" just like with the Louvre adventure.

Edit: though I'm realizing now that for me, the "go to goal" button is not working. When I click it, mafia just tells me "Manual control requested for choice #546
Click here to continue in the relay browser." Not sure how to work around this.

Last edited: