Bulk Kmailer(Preparation for Ronin/HC)

harkoot

Wrote a tool to make life easier for when you're about to ascend.
Basically it takes a pasted dump of all your items & generates a kolmafia send script.

http://haxot.com/KoL/kolproc.pl

Type in the name of the recipient
Paste the contents of your inventory in the window.
Submit the query
Copy & load it into KoLMafia

Currently:
The entire consumables & the entire misc. inventory pages can be pasted and it'll work(from my testing)
For the equipment page, you have to copy from Hats: to the bottom, instead of starting at the top of the window.

Straightforward script is generated. One kmail per item is attempted.
For Misc. items, the boundaries are indefinate, and multiple items will be attempted per kmail based on guesswork.
At the end of the script is a straight forward "echo" that just allows you to see when the script finishes.

Let me know how it goes - yesterday it cried over a yo-yo...

dangerpin

Color me uninformed, but exactly what is the purpose of this, to send the contents of your inventory to another user? Why would you want to do this?

harkoot

Summary:
To offload your inventory onto a Multi in preparation for a hardcore ascension.
I like being able to play with my goods.

Longwinded:
During the course of game play, I found I was racking a lot of extra stuff on my main character (as opposed to a multi).
I decided I was going to ascend and try an HCO w/ muscle sign.
Anyhoo, I haven't played for a couple years; last time I played the ascension feature hadn't been integrated.
To make a long story short, I didn't like the idea of having all my stuff sit locked away, out of reach of my grubby sauce-stained paws.
I *started* to mail it all by hand to a multi (which I am playing more lately.. hard to get my KoL twitches satiated by a mere 40 adventures:( ) but that was slow going.

Then I decided, all the information is freely available for me - why not write a tool that will make my life easier?

So, aye, kind of useless to anyone who is neat, and orderly, and also useless to folks who don't intend to HC on a regular basis.

^_^

macman104

You do know that the interface that mafia provides in it's mailing system will send as many kmails as you need, ya? You also can select all of the items you want, so....yea, just wasn't sure if you were aware of that. Because functionally it does the same thing without having to visit your inventory page and generate a script.

I do exactly what you do every HC ascension as well.

dangerpin

Please don't take this as accusatory, but how do you differentiate this from multi abuse? You are sending items from one character to another without any compensation.

It seems that as innocently as it is intended it still goes against asymmetric policy. Perhaps I am missing something.

Aprocalypse

[quote author=dangerpin link=topic=1099.msg5328#msg5328 date=1186010042]
Please don't take this as accusatory, but how do you differentiate this from multi abuse? You are sending items from one character to another without any compensation.

It seems that as innocently as it is intended it still goes against asymmetric policy. Perhaps I am missing something.
[/quote]

It seems like it's for a mall-multi, to me?

MagiNinjA

I'm not the best authority on multi-abuse, but I think it's legal because there is no benefit to his main, as opposed to a solid transfer.