Re: Welcome!

R

Russell

Hello there!

My name is Russell. I have been playing KoL for a few months and decided to look into the available applications that work with the game.

I have some OOP knowledge, but Java is one of my weakest.

H

holatuwol

I've gone ahead and added this website to the links available in the help menu which will be present in v7.0.  The only advice I have is to enable file attachments for this forum (allow only .txt and .ash as valid file extensions), rather than have people copy-paste entire scripts -- that should make it easier to upload/download scripts (I think).

H

holatuwol

And because I'm full of suggestions and altogether too lazy to become a forum moderator, while they're technically not scripts, some people might be interested in custom combat settings?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member

[quote author=Alexander Daychilde link=topic=2.msg2#msg2 date=1143495942]I chose to register kolmafia.us, as kolmafia.com was taken (and appears to be parked)[/quote]

Interesting. Whois.net says:

Code:
Domain kolmafia.com
Created: 2006-01-10 04:15:09
Expires: 2007-01-10 04:15:09

Owner's Contact Information:
Manila Industries, Inc.
3843 S. Bristol St. #628
Santa Ana, CA 92704
Phone: 949-743-1697
Email: [email]manilaindustries@excite.com[/email]
US

Spamhuntress.com has some choice words to say about Manila Industries...

cjswimmer

Is KOLMafia trademarked? You might not be able to get them to give it up. Maybe they'll just bend over though without checking it out first.

Sprinky

Howdy.

I am Sprinky, my KoL character is Sprinky, and I have been using KoLmafia since version 2.9.

I definately support that you are all sharing scripts for KoLmafia, I have a few I recorded myself, but they are kinda buggy, and involve things that the average player doesn't do.

I definately look forward to meeting everyone else who joins! I also hope to someday be able to write my own scripts for this site!

PsychoKlown

Hello everyone!

My name is PsychoKlown! I've been using KoLmafia since before 2.0. I've been trying to script for KoLmafia for a few versions.

I was so glad to find a forum that just talks about scripting! And I found ASH! YAY!

Well I guess I should introduce myself. I'm efilnikufecin in the KOL forums, and in game. I have programming experience in the pascal language so scripting has come easy to me.

I have snagged a few snippets of code from other peoples scripts which I use in my own now. I am also trying to upload as many functional scripts as possible for other people to look over, then criticise my methods or apply them in their own scripting needs. The more scripts we have the more help this repository will be!

I'm anxious to see more scripts in which others have written! Though I get what I want accomplished, I like to see better ways of doing it.