Chatlaunch.ash

Sentrion

Recently, I've been writing some relay scripts to replace many of the GM scripts I use, in an effort to eventually switch browsers. One of my scripts was chatlaunch.ash, which simply looked like this:

Code:
buffer page = visit_url("chat.html");
write(page);

The only problem, it seemed, was that every time it was called, it would cause mafia to print a debug log. Other than that, it worked as intended. To try and locate the problem, I tried deleting chat.html. This made the problem go away, except I was left with no chat. So I tried replacing the code in chat.html with just a line of text. This brought back the debug logs.

Now, I've solved my problem by going another way. Instead of chatlaunch.ash, I made game.ash which calls chat.html into the chatpane instead of chatlaunch.php. This works flawlessly.

So I don't have a problem at the moment, but I am curious as to what might have happened with the chatlaunch.ash/chat.html combo. I've attached the debug log.

Note: I do have other relay scripts running, but disabling the relevant ones didn't change anything.

View attachment DEBUG_20110916.txt

Might this have something to do with the fact that chat.html isn't a real KoL file, but a mafia generated one?

Another (easier) fix would have been to simply override chatlaunch.php's text to make the "Enter the Chat" link point to chat.html instead of lchat.php.

EDIT: oh, nevermind, game.ash is the window... my bad.

Last edited: