Farming the tavern cellar

w0rm

I'm trying to work out how to farm for rat appendices in the tavern cellar. I've tried using a URL to hit the right square (e.g. /rats.php?where=1) and a CCS to initiate combat, but can't get anything to happen.

If I call up the mini-browser, combat executes, but I can't work out how to put this functionality into a script.

Any advice?

The only idea I can come up with is get your stats high enough to 1 hit kill the rats every time, and combat initiative high enough to always get the jump on them. Also you would need a "never fumble" item equiped. This combined with setting auto attack to on in your account menu on KOL might work but will be buggy.

The problem is when you execute a link it is the same as doing so in the mini browser. KOLMafia does not take over in that situation.

I don't think there is a good way to do it in CLI or ASH, but I do have a Java patch that does this. If you are up for using SubVersion to download the source code for KoLmafia, changing the source code, and re-compiling, let me know and I'll send you a private message with the details of my code change. The end result allows you to type this:

ratfarm 7 15

Which means "Spend 15 turns farming in the tavern cellar, square number 7".

Remember that if you do this, you are not only making changes to the sourcecode, you are also running a non-released version of the sourcecode... so it is a bit more risky than normal, and you may find anything from terrible bugs resulting from the interaction of my code with something the official KoLmafia folks wrote, to partially-complete new features that don't work as expected. Do this only if you are comfortable with a small bit of Java programming and willing to work with experimental software.

w0rm

Thanks; I appreciate the offer, but as I'm a complete Java novice, I think I'll pass on this for the moment. It's going to take me a little time before I have the confidence to tinker with KoLMafia's innards...!

w0rm

[quote author=efilnikufecin link=topic=95.msg341#msg341 date=1145378399]
The only idea I can come up with is [snip] This combined with setting auto attack to on in your account menu on KOL might work but will be buggy.
[/quote]

Thanks - tried this, and it works. May not be the most elegant solution, but at least it gets the job done!