fisted.ash - Now where did I get those Teaching of the Fist scrolls?

shabob

fisted.ash - Tracking Teaching of the Fist scrolls?

Master Kan may be right, in that our souls do not keep track of time, but now you can keep track of your Teachings of the Fist with a small kolmafia script. Well, mafia does the tracking, but this small script shows you where you've attained wisdom and where you've yet to conquer.

Simple call to fisted.ash will output full list of the eleven Teachings of the Fist locations; If already obtained, then the location is output in green and followed by "True"; if not obtained, then the location is red, followed by false.

EDIT: 4th Post Contains an updated script, with quite different outputs.

Obviously, this requires a recent build of mafia with Veracity's fist scroll tracking.

Feedback welcome.

Attachments

• fisted.ash
    1.7 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I just realized that I have been running this daily so a belated thank you is in order. Thank you.

shabob

UPDATED VERSION OF SCRIPT

The script attempts to use some of the flavour of Surprising Fist which I feel TPTB missed out on. It surely wouldn't have been hard for them to redesign the Council Graphic (for example) to be a representation of a Togugawa era Japanese court scene.

Script also tells you what you've donated, in this life and all the others.

EDIT: Changed the script to adopt the ideas and concepts from Bales Fisting script. Didn't keep the Zodiac element content.

Attachments

• fisted.ash
    4 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

Bale

Minion
I had an accident where I forgot to study a scroll when I found it and hence screwed up a bit. As a result I modified my own script which has similar functionality. Now it actually reports on which skills I know, not just which ones I should know. And it warns me if I've got an unstudied scroll. You might want to integrate that functionality into your script.

Also, my version orders the places left to learn fist skills by current class and zodiac sign so that the ones I am most interested in are at or near the top of the list. You might have no interest in that at all.

The script attempts to use some of the flavour of Surprising Fist which I feel TPTB missed out on. It surely wouldn't have been hard for them to redesign the Council Graphic (for example) to be a representation of a Togugawa era Japanese court scene.

I feel that this path, as fun as it is, did suffer a bit from the drastically reduced development time. It would be sooo much better if wandering martial artists appeared to make their name by challenging the player. And a bajillion other things. It is a pretty bare bones path.

You've got some very amusing flavor text in your script. Sometimes I think about copy/pasting it into my own script.

I'm attaching my script here in case you want to study it. Since it is so close in function to your own I have little interest in making my own competing thread.

Attachments

• Fisting.ash
    2.8 KB · Views: 69