ideas.ash - because my memory sucks

DoctorRotelle

Developer
http://whovian.zapto.org/kol/scripts/ideas.ash

This script will purchase 5 raffle tickets from the raffle house using funds from hagnk's in-run and your inventory in aftercore.

"The swiss army of scripts"

This is the script I use to test and uncover lots of things while I play KoL. I don't have a good memory and this has helped a lot.
It grows and expands, but I try to keep the output relevant.

In-run, it lists tokens and legend keys, calls the telescope command and makes various suggestions. Really I don't remember everything in here because I wrote this script to do that for me ;)

In aftercore it dumps other info about things I like to have in-stock like TPS fruit, brains/skulls for in-a-boxen. When trailing a monster it displays the monster and turns remaining of the effect. There's a warning when you have the spaaace effect active, but I don't have it shown here. Here's a sample of the output:
Code:
today: 20110902
Bounty Hunt item: none

Last semirare found 147 turns ago (on turn 3280) in Ninja Snowmen

Unexpired counters:
Semirare window begin (13)
Semirare window end (53)

[color=blue]Possibilities:[/color]
Farm limes (7)
Farm cherries (1)
Farm jumbo olives (0)
[color=red]You need to use up Map to Safety Shelter Grimace Prime (2) [Transpondent][/color]
Trailing zombie waltzers (12)

pumpkin bomb (1)
Knob Goblin Firecracker (106)
pumpkin (155)
bbs set to: this_libram.ash ; abort90.ash
defaultAutoAttack set to: 3
Jekyllin hide belt item drop: 25.0

If you have one of these Script preferences set, this script will also display those for you:
betweenBattleScript, chatbotScript, counterScript, recoveryScript

defaultAutoAttack will always display, but the output is numeric.

I change this script often and I write documentation terribly. If you would like to make the documentation look nicer, make sense, be more complete, etc, please feel free to message me. Eventually, I will try to make some sort of version control work with my scripts and this will be the template I use to write and test the code.

Thank you for your time and feedback. I hope your responses will make the script better and thusly make us all better players.

-=DoctorRotelle

Last edited:

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Interesting. I was thinking it was an information only script so was surprised to find I am the proud owner of raffle tickets but if I get lucky it won't matter. I am now trying to figure out how I respond to the information - do I play differently for having run the script? - and whether I have anything to add/request.

Thanks.

Winterbay

I have a suggestion: The output regarding top-level tower items. If the telescope shows you which one you need, it is rather unnecessary to show the other two as well.

DoctorRotelle

Developer
elationisfacile: You are most welcome.

Winterbay: Tower items for 6th floor, that's available when you get the last upgrade? Not having any full powered scopes makes it hard for me to check. I only have to add a check against telescopeUpgrades to make the top portion not appear. Great suggestion! I have added a routine to skip the top section items. Please let me know if I got it proper. I'm just assuming 7 is the correct number to compare against. (Script version 212 includes this adjustment).

fronobulax: Sorry about the double whammy of not having an appropriate section or flag in the forums where a script might be more than one classification. Rest assured it will never use in-run funds to purchase raffle tickets, it always grabs the meat cost from Hagnk's while you can't interact. Beyond that, it really is purely informational (this week). Did you win the raffle that day? And further, did you edit the raffle code out or did you actually leave it in? Others who use my script consider this one of its best features. Without this script, I would never bother with the raffles.

"Optimal" players, ascension script users and folks with memories like an elephant will probably have no use for this script. The only way it should "change" the way you play is by dumping relevant information all at once for you to decided where to spend those turns of "Beaten Up", etc. As for folks like me, it will keep me from doing 20+ daily dungeon runs in each HCO run because I forgot they now just require tokens to be cashed in and " key" is no longer the show-all for the NS lair keys in the item manager. For folks who follow instructions to "configure" a script preference, using this would show where they may have a script configured they may not want. My tube-bbs.ash and -soon to be released- doc-counters.ash show how to set these preferences in their instructions.

I run this script from my login script (at the very very end). This means I get the non-informational stuff handled asap. The rest of the character's day will never need to make a server hit during script processing. This means, mid-combat, you can run the script and find out if you really need to YR/pumpkin bomb something. THAT is how bad my memory is! Now, let's say TPTB have changed the items and now you want to regularly purchase MORE tickets. Then you adjust the number in the script and re-run it. It should only buy the missing tickets!

There's also portions in the script I have commented out since the functionality isn't available without priming from my login script and/or a consult script. Maybe, one day, I'll be able to communicate what lastScalingMonsterSeen means and add it to the Mafia code. For now, I'll just un-comment it on predictably wandering monster days when there is heavy server lag. As I use this variable to fire off a script which crafts for 24 adv.

Yep, I ramble. Sorry 'bout that.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
As for folks like me, it will keep me from doing 20+ daily dungeon runs in each HCO run because I forgot they now just require tokens to be cashed in
No zap wand? You need ! potions anyway, and it meant 2 or maybe 3 daily dungeon runs at most before the change.

DoctorRotelle

Developer
No zap wand? You need ! potions anyway, and it meant 2 or maybe 3 daily dungeon runs at most before the change.

I play 9 multi's. I try to ascend 2-3 characters at roughly the same time with different permutations to try out different things. I don't usually have problems acquiring the wand since I have a red-flagged warning in my login script. And the DD isn't where you get the wand or ! potions. Considering _this_ script just tells me when I need a key, I really don't understand what your post means. Are you suggesting a code change or did I misrepresent the script? If it is my total lack of clarity, which I must apologize for, then please feel free to send me a re-write of the main thread post. I'd love for more people to understand what its all about.

You acquire an effect: Existential Torment (100)

After answering posts earlier, I was torn about the raffle ticket portion of the script. Then I logged on to my 8th multi who won 1st prize in the raffle today. So, I think I shall leave it in the script for now.

I think it should be noted here and now: NEVER rely on the false belief that I know what I'm doing for _your_ style of game play. I can't possibly prepare for your circumstances any more than I would burn these scripts to a disc. I am not optimal. I am not a speedrunner. I am a person who suffers from CRS (can't remember sh*t). I tend to change this script more than any script I use. This is also my first script hola didn't remove immediately after posting... So please be gentle with me!

Considering the purpose of this script is to help folks remember stuff, I'd like to hear suggestions from y'all for things you would like to see in the script. All I ask is for you to please list the context in-run/aftercore/HC/BHY/BM/etc with your suggestions so I add it to the right place.

If you have any desire to check out other scripts I have written/found/re-written over the years, feel free to check out my scripts page:
http://whovian.zapto.org/kol/scripts.php

Theraze

I think the comment was regarding that if you have a zap wand, you likely don't need more than 2 of the keys to start. Though I might be wrong. :)

Edit: Did come up with one thing that would be nice... if you have no telescope upgrades, it aborts instead of finishes the script, as per this:
pumpkin bomb (0)
Knob Goblin Firecracker (2)
pumpkin (0)
You don't have a telescope.
What I did to my copy was this:
Code:
		if(!can_interact() && get_property("telescopeUpgrades").to_int() > 0) cli_execute("telescope");
Basically, if you don't have at least 1 telescope upgrade, skip trying. Suppose I could probably have just done to_boolean() and left it at that, but it seems 'cleaner' to turn the int into an int and actually check if it's greater than zero. :)

Last edited:

Winterbay

I think the point was that if you go "inv key" you won't see your tokens that you have yet to turn into keys and as such you think you need to do the DD to get your key. The next day you log in, check "inv key" notice that you still lack the required key and do it again. Having it list all the keys and your tokens will avoid that. Which I think is great because I keep forgetting to use my tokens as well, also in a 3+ HC run 3 DD runs isn't that horrible when you can save on the time (and meat, especially important in a fist-run) it takes to get a wand that isn't stricly necessary anymore.

DoctorRotelle

Developer
Thank you Theraze! What an excellent observation. I have added your code change and it is now available as of version 216 (yep, i'm using SVN for my script work)

Last edited: