Moon effects

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Want to know the effects of stuff affected by moons on an arbitrary day? This script has grimEff() to return the effect of grimacite items (0 through 5) and jekItem() to return the +item bonus of jek belts. If you pass an int, it will give the value that many days from today (negative numbers are in the past). If you pass a string in the form yyyymmdd (same format as today_to_string() ) it will give you the bonuses on that date.

Returning the moon brightness for more general use would be pretty easy, I just had no use for it for my purposes so I didn't bother, but I could if that's something people would actually care about.

Attachments

• moon.ash
    9.6 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
My particular use was to display grimacite and jek belt effects in my topmenu without looking at an external site, several days in advance for potential speed run (or farming) planning. I can check that link (and I do regularly), but then I'm likely to forget most of the results 30 minutes later.

The hard part was actually typing out those huge arrays (wrong term? maybe) for the 176 day cycle.

Bale

Minion
That's a good use for it. You should post the override script since the above library would benefit from an application.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I guess I didn't need to write this then, but it was decent practice I suppose. I even remember reading that thread now that I see it again. It's interesting seeing the different approaches to provide essentially the same functionality.