Re: Culture of the Forum....

[quote author=Alexander Daychilde link=topic=248.msg1236#msg1236 date=1151605284]
It does appear that one of my original ideas for the forum for it to become a paid-script marketplace hasn't materialized... In hindsight, I guess that makes sense... That idea helped to cause this problem; so that idea is now gone.[/quote]

I won't speak for anyone else, but I never wanted to make this a pay service. I do not mean I would be opposed to scripters getting meat... I just never had any plans to charge for my help.

I would guess most of the community is like that. If any of us were looking to make meat off of this forum, we would jump on the lazy requests. It would be easy meat.

I guess your idea for the forum differs from mine... And not in a bad way. I just took this to be a place to post our scripts. Learn from each other. And help each other out. Especially without cluttering up the Mafia thread in the Gameplay forums.

And this was something of a tangent... Please feel free to disregard. ;)

Nightmist

[quote author=Presto Ragu link=topic=248.msg1244#msg1244 date=1151613048]
I just took this to be a place to post our scripts. Learn from each other. And help each other out. Especially without cluttering up the Mafia thread in the Gameplay forums.[/quote]

Quoted for truth! Hahah that and I have way too much time >_<...

macman104

[quote author=Alexander Daychilde link=topic=248.msg1236#msg1236 date=1151605284]and Veracity saying a "min" function will be added...[/quote]Little nitpick, I don't think she actually said that she would add it. I think she said she would think about it. But I'll agree, that my intention when I joined this forum was to be involved in discussion of scripting, and a place to concentrate the efforts of people who script for mafia.