Fix CLI script and convert to ASH script, possible?

hippymon

Due to my lack of knowledge in the ASH scripting department I made this TXT script.. CLI executing commands but I do not know how to work the conditions. For example:

Code:
 adventure * black forest
conditions add 1 sunken eyes, 1 broken wings, 1 black market map

When I begin the first script script \/\/ down there it automatically begins adventuring in the black forest for * turns (like it is supposed to) but it doesn't add the conditions.. How would that part work?

Also, is there any semi-easy way to convert these scripts (Macguffin_1 - Macguffin_6).

This is my first script that I have created, so it is a little messy.. Plus the level 10 quest is quite hard to script. This is an UN-TESTED UN-FINISHED script. I do not recommend attempting to use it until it is completed.

EDIT: I have fixed the conditions adventuring and changed the beach adventuring.

Attachments

• Macguffin_1.txt
    445 bytes · Views: 70
  • Macguffin_2.txt
    176 bytes · Views: 63
  • Macguffin_3.txt
    688 bytes · Views: 65
  • Macguffin_4.txt
    636 bytes · Views: 60
  • Macguffin_5.txt
    686 bytes · Views: 63
  • Macguffin_6.txt
    256 bytes · Views: 53

macman104

Conditions need to be added before you adventure. And I don't think you can string conditions together, so you need to split that into three conditions to add.

holatuwol

Developer
You actually can string conditions together as of a few releases back (it's a fairly recent unannounced feature addition), so a comma-delimited list is fine. But yes, as macman mentioned, your problem is you need to add conditions BEFORE you start adventuring.

hippymon

Okey dokey, I fixed the conditions part of the scripts. I have read over the "basic scripting" in the user manual from the KoLmafia main page, but I am not sure about a couple things:

1: Is it possible (with version 11.2) to adventure with the conditions set to a certain adventure type? Such as "conditions add adventure A Wrong Turn at Albuquerque; adventure * Arid desert" (for EXAMPLE) and have it work? I know that you can do that for choice adventures but what about other general adventures? Yes, I know KoLmafia tells you when you get quest adventures such as the adventure to open the Spookyraven manor, but there are other I would like to adventure for. If not, could we get this in a newer version?

2: If possible, how do you get a script to say something in the adventure bar? "Echo" command will say it in the CLI and I have tried "print" but it doesn't seem to work.

holatuwol

Developer
[quote author=hippymon link=topic=1035.msg5212#msg5212 date=1185227956]
If not, could we get this in a newer version?
[/quote]

Nope. Combat encounters are okay, since there's a central location that all combats must go through. The same is not true of non-combats.

hippymon

[quote author=holatuwol link=topic=1035.msg5215#msg5215 date=1185238532]

Nope. Combat encounters are okay, since there's a central location that all combats must go through. The same is not true of non-combats.
[/quote]

:| That sucks.. Would make everything soo much easier.

[quote author=Alexander Daychilde link=topic=1035.msg5213#msg5213 date=1185231794]
Adventure bar?

(Also, minor point, but disambiguation is often a good thing - gCLI is the window, CLI is the language)
[/quote]

The adventure bar... The thing being pointed out in the picture \/\/ down there.

That is what all the gCLI and CLI stuff is about.. Oh, ok, danke.

Attachments

• Bar.jpg
    Bar.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 81

holatuwol

Developer
[quote author=hippymon link=topic=1035.msg5216#msg5216 date=1185245030]
:| That sucks.. Would make everything soo much easier.
[/quote]

On that note, I also don't like the idea of auto-ascender scripts, so I won't do anything to make auto-ascender scripts stupidly easy to write ... which is precisely what this would do.  I'll make an exception if it's something that has another purpose beyond "complete a quest" (like, "get a trophy" or "open an optional zone"), but for those, implementing hard-coded autostops solves the problem.

[quote author=hippymon link=topic=1035.msg5212#msg5212 date=1185227956]
If possible, how do you get a script to say something in the adventure bar? "Echo" command will say it in the CLI and I have tried "print" but it doesn't seem to work.
[/quote]

It's not possible.