New UI suggestion

arrggg

You see the small counters allong the left side? The ones that say:
Food 0/15
Drink 0/15
Spleen 0/15

It would be awesome if you could click on one of them, say spleen , and it would bring up a list of all the items that you have (or that you could make/NPC buy) that would hit your spleen.

Just an Idea.

I like part of the idea, but as a part time programmer myself (not part of the Kolmafia project) I don't think Holatuwol would go for part of it. So far in Kolmafia other than boxes where you are obviously given multiple choices I do not see anywhere that clicking just text would do something. That's done more in web pages than in programs.

The item manager has a way that you can eliminate all but food, or all but booze from being displayed. I do not see a way to make it show only spleen items though. That might be a nice addition.

Now I'll throw in my own, and some might find it weird that I noticed this. In the copyright notices window there are scroll bars going up and down for the various pages but in the version I am using there is not left to right scroll bars, and the text goes off the screen unless I resize the window. I would like to see scroll bars for left to right, or a word wrap feature for these text areas.

arrggg

[quote author=efilnikufecin link=topic=1011.msg5076#msg5076 date=1183395954]
So far in Kolmafia other than boxes where you are obviously given multiple choices I do not see anywhere that clicking just text would do something. That's done more in web pages than in programs.
[/quote]

You're right.  I just see that left pain over there and just think how much MORE useful it could be. Clicking the Pic of your familer could bring up the gear changer to change it.  Clicking on "Level:" and/or the progress bar could bring up the Player status screen. Clicking on MCD could bring up the window to change it. Hovering over "ML:" or "Item:" or "Meat:" could display the items/effects currently modifying them (like in a tool tip).

I just hate tring to find some of those things in the menus.

[quote author=arrggg link=topic=1011.msg5077#msg5077 date=1183398365]
I just hate tring to find some of those things in the menus.
[/quote]

I took the time to set kolmafia up to place all the windows I commonly use in tabs, and start automatically. Ruled out are buffbot manager, store manager, Mini browser, and Museum manger...and a few others I rarely use.