a script i'm working on...

iain7

here is my basic script. it is so simple you can see what it does, but would the toying with the *s work?

eg aquire 3-* mon tiki
would that autosell 2 mon tikis if i had 5 already? or say i only had 2 mon tikis, would it buy 1 from the mall?

and adventure */2
would that adventure for half my adventures?

Thanks for your time! heres the script.
If you can reccomend any improvements, let me know. holawatul has been a bit grumpy and said that because i cant script ASH yet, i cant post any of it and im not allowed to learn about it using the forums. :-\ i dont want to get in any more trouble so this is basic script.
If you DO want to talk about ash, email to me instead so holawatul doesnt get grumpy! iainscottclark@gmail.com
I would quite like to learn how, and i have a basic understanding of the syntax.
Code:
outfit Farming
familiar leprechaun
send 1 meat to Dreadwing
use 15 twinkly wad
use 1 milk of magnesium
eat 3 Knob sausage chow mein
drink 3 mon tiki
drink 2 fine wine
adventure */2 the castle in the clouds in the sky
autosell * heavy d
autosell * original g
autosell * disturbing fanfic
autosell * furry fur
autosell * awful poetry journal
autosell * thin black candle
autosell * probability potion
autosell * procrastination potion
autosell * angry farmer candy
autosell * mick's icyvapohotness rub
pulverise * giant needle
pulverise * wolf mask
use * warm subject gift certificate
familiar baby gravy fairy
adventure * penultimate fantasy airship
autosell * cocoa eggshell fragment
autosell * phonics down
autosell * photoprotoneutron torpedo
autosell * scroll of drastic healing
autosell * soft green echo eyedrop antidote
autosell * super-spikey hair gel
autosell * tiny house
pulverise * titanium assault umbrella
pulverise * amulet of extreme plot significance
pulverise * glowing red eye
pulverise * mohawk wig
pulverise * oversized pizza cutter
pulverise * ridiculously huge sword
use * penultimate fantasy chest
send 23 meat to IocaineBot
drink 1 mon tiki
acquire 3-* Knob sausage chow mein
acquire 1-* milk of magnesium
acquire 4-* mon tiki
acquire 2-* fine wine
aquire 15-* twinkly wad
outfit Rollover

iain7

sorry! i just wanted to explain why my script is soo basic, not using anything from the old script.

Let's make it more server friendly?

Code:
outfit Farming
familiar leprechaun
send 1 meat to Dreadwing
use 15 twinkly wad
use 1 milk of magnesium
eat 3 Knob sausage chow mein
drink 3 mon tiki
drink 2 fine wine
adventure */2 the castle in the clouds in the sky
autosell * heavy d, * original g, * disturbing fanfic, * furry fur, * awful poetry journal, * thin black candle, * probability potion, * procrastination potion, * angry farmer candy, * mick's icyvapohotness rub
pulverise * giant needle
pulverise * wolf mask
use * warm subject gift certificate
familiar baby gravy fairy
adventure * penultimate fantasy airship
autosell * cocoa eggshell fragment, * phonics down, * photoprotoneutron torpedo, * scroll of drastic healing, * soft green echo eyedrop antidote, * super-spikey hair gel, * tiny house
pulverise * titanium assault umbrella
pulverise * amulet of extreme plot significance
pulverise * glowing red eye
pulverise * mohawk wig
pulverise * oversized pizza cutter
pulverise * ridiculously huge sword
use * penultimate fantasy chest
send 23 meat to IocaineBot
drink 1 mon tiki
acquire 4-* mon tiki
acquire 2-* fine wine
aquire 15-* twinkly wad
outfit Rollover

Now I don't think that the buff purchasing will work anymore. The reason is that purchasing philanthropic buffs has been blocked within a script. change all the send commands to csend, and kolmafia will purchase cheap buffs that are not philanthropic from that bot instead.

macman104

Just wondering if anyone has tried, does the */2 and *-3 stuff work? I've never thought about using it before, and it's an interesting idea, just wondering if it actually works.

[quote author=macman104 link=topic=1003.msg5055#msg5055 date=1183344603]
Just wondering if anyone has tried, does the */2 and *-3 stuff work? I've never thought about using it before, and it's an interesting idea, just wondering if it actually works.
[/quote]

well */2 I do not know about, but *-3 based on what I have seen should be -3 which means all but 3.

on that note, this:
Code:
acquire 4-* mon tiki
acquire 2-* fine wine
aquire 15-* twinkly wad

should be:
Code:
acquire 3 Knob sausage chow mein
acquire 1 milk of magnesium
acquire 4 mon tiki
acquire 2 fine wine
aquire 15 twinkly wad

because the acquire command first checks inventory. If you have 1 and want 1, then it will do nothing. if you have 7, and want 15 it will proceed to obtain 8 more.

Edit: Sorry, I was mad at something else earlier when I replied, and did not even read the post, I just looked at the script. Now that I have read the post I see that the */2 and *-3 thing was the main question.

The only place I see */# is the adventure command. Does it need to be accurate to that level? I mean if you normally get around 175 adventures couldn't you just say 85 castle, and the rest in the airship?

So I come back to read the new post in this thread, and an error is so obvious I see it while scrolling:

yup Quoting myself here:
[quote author=efilnikufecin link=topic=1003.msg5056#msg5056 date=1183345567]
should be:
Code:
acquire 4 mon tiki
acquire 2 fine wine
aquire 15 twinkly wad
[/quote]
Should be (note the added "c")
Code:
acquire 4 mon tiki
acquire 2 fine wine
acquire 15 twinkly wad

iain7

ty guys!

3 things: is it just me or is dreadwing really slow?? can anybody name another decent ode buffbot which is faster?

i picked up most of the things you've said and put them in the script. thanks guys! i added buffing spray and nasal spray BUT is there a way i can make sure i can buy the right amount? ie enough nasal for excactly half my advs and enough pet buffing spray for all?

at the moment, to get around the */2 problem, i just put adventure in castle for 160 adventures. as my food gives just over 160 advetures, all the rest can be used for PFA and it means i can buy the right amount of goblin stuff (hopefully)

Also, did i wonder why the kolmafia sourceforge website has no files available for dowload? There is a new version out, but on the old website none are available, not even the old ones!

A HUGE problem i'm having with kolmafia v11.0 atm is that it doesnt count how many adventures i use anymore and every 4 adventures or so it says ERROR please close kolmafia (or something among those lines) Is it something simple because i canot check my script anymore.

EDIT: BTW, atm i buy my goblin stuff using acquire but it means i pay extra by using the mall. (correct me if i'm wrong) Would there be an annoying way of getting them from the goblin place instead?

[quote author=iain7 link=topic=1003.msg5072#msg5072 date=1183377854]
i picked up most of the things you've said and put them in the script. thanks guys! i added buffing spray and nasal spray BUT is there a way i can make sure i can buy the right amount? ie enough nasal for excactly half my advs and enough pet buffing spray for all?
[/quote]

ash is the only way I know of.

at the moment, to get around the */2 problem, i just put adventure in castle for 160 adventures. as my food gives just over 160 advetures, all the rest can be used for PFA and it means i can buy the right amount of goblin stuff (hopefully)
[/quote]

That is a good work-around.

A HUGE problem i'm having with kolmafia v11.0 atm is that it doesnt count how many adventures i use anymore and every 4 adventures or so it says ERROR please close kolmafia (or something among those lines) Is it something simple because i canot check my script anymore.
[/quote]

You really should wait for a while to use mafia for scripting.

EDIT: BTW, atm i buy my goblin stuff using acquire but it means i pay extra by using the mall. (correct me if i'm wrong) Would there be an annoying way of getting them from the goblin place instead?
[/quote]

One option would be to buy them in bulk manually.