Internal Errors

kitsunenine

Hi! I'm a little new to this, so if I'm posting in the wrong area, admins, feel free to move the thread.
Anyway. Recently (slightly before NS13 rollout, as I recall) I've been getting some interesting 'Internal Error: Please restart KoLMafia' errors throughout my usual turn burning per day.
In my meagre analysis of the issue, the errors seem to correlate with some kind of tracking error in terms of when turns end and begin. Why I say this? Because I also seem to notice the 'Turn 1 of X' line in the CLI always reads turn 1, and never seems to proceed.
Since this topic hasn't turned up here yet, I'm just wondering if I'm the only one suffering this little hiccup in daily play? I'm more than happy to keep nursemaiding the CLI through using all the turns up per day, so long as this issue is a resolvable one. If, on the other hand, it's easily fixed, then all the better. Any ideas?

Moved to community support.

This is one of the many errors which Holatuwol is dealing with, and is related to the NS13 changes. I think it relates to changes which took place on the character pane in kol. It will be fixed, but we must have patience as there is a lot of updating to do to kolmafia, and with the lag issues using kolmafia to burn turns is not a really good idea anyway. Please adventure manually for now.

kitsunenine

Thanks, I was thinking it must be. Just clarifying the issue in case anyone else bumps into this error and doesn't know what's going on. I hope the changes are swift and easily performed, it must suck having them change the format of the responses, from the coders perspective.

ivytheplant

I have the same problem too, but suggestions on what to do didn't work for me. The post-NS13 release lag was initially so bad that it took an hour just to do daily things so I stopped entirely. When the lag died down, I tried to play again and got those errors and couldn't get KoLMafia to work at all, even in locations I was pretty sure were unaffected. So I gave up for now.

It doesn't help that I just got a job (after being a lazy bum student for a while :) ) and no longer have time to sit and click on any sort of routine adventure set (hopefully I'll have time soon to go through the new content). I totally understand that you guys have a giant project ahead of you to deal with getting KoLMafia up to date with the new changes, but I'm hoping it will be soon. And I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there will be some way to run through the Valley and combining number scrolls with the adding machine while using a weapon on the rest of the monsters.

If only I could find a way to play KoL at work...

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
[quote author=ivytheplant link=topic=1001.msg5048#msg5048 date=1183332743]
And I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there will be some way to run through the Valley and combining number scrolls with the adding machine while using a weapon on the rest of the monsters.[/quote]

You can do that now using Custom Combat, I believe - although if you have Funkslinging, you probably want to use two different scrolls at once. I think that:

[ adding machine ]
1: abort

will make KoLmafia show you adding machines in a mini-browser, where you can do anything you want, but will do whatever your default is - attack with weapon, say - for every other monster.