Kolmafia.exe

LaRoni

Is the Sunday version not updating again? I can't use the jar files (some weird registry error which I'm not going to reinstall Vista to fix) and I still can't access the closet, one of the cyrpt areas and other recent changes.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Is the Sunday version not updating again? I can't use the jar files (some weird registry error which I'm not going to reinstall Vista to fix) and I still can't access the closet, one of the cyrpt areas and other recent changes.

I suggest that using a jar file should not require reinstalling Vista. Perhaps if you explained what you are trying that does not work there might some suggestions that would allow you to run the jar.

LaRoni

I keep getting the 'cannot find main class' error message. I've tried repeatedly uninstalling and reinstalling java and nothing changes. That's not the only problem my system has (I can't update adobe for instance) so I assume they're all related and require a reinstall of the OS since Registry Mechanic does nothing to fix it.

matt.chugg

Vista's UAC is a nightmare, make sure you are saving the .jar file somewhere where the sytem won't mind, such as a user created folder in my documents, NOT in the root of a system drive, program file, program data or any other system location.

Then run a command prompt AS ADMINISTRATOR, navigate to the location you saved the .jar file to and execute the command below:

Code:
javaw -jar KoLmafia-9350.jar

let me know what happens!