Missing Familiars: A Script for Hearts

Crowther

I wrote a script to help me help other people. It tells me what familiars they are missing starting with the cheapest or most useful ones.

The section for Mr Store familiars isn't perfect, I got lazy by that point, since I don't give many of those anyway.

Usage is "FCheck UserName".

I've had a lot of fun (too much fun?) the last few days with this. It's great being able to give people cheap gifts they can use. Or teasing advanced players because they are missing some trivial familiar.

If anyone has good suggestions, let me know and I'll try to update it.

EDIT: Code updated to detect and warn about hidden Terrariums.
EDIT: Fixed Hobo Spirit
EDIT (May 30): A bunch of changes, thanks macman!
EDIT (May 30, again): Fixed Personal Raincloud, again.
EDIT (July 4th): New familiars
EDIT (Feb 10th, 2008): New familiars, Usage changed to "FCheck UserName"
EDIT (Nov 28th, 2008): New familiars.

Attachments

• FCheck.ash
    4.7 KB · Views: 161

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
[quote author=Crowther link=topic=940.msg4658#msg4658 date=1180310375]If anyone has good suggestions, let me know...[/quote]
I suggest you send me a Dodecapede, a Silk Garter Snake, and/or an Emo Roe. I don't care that I'm missing a Baby Yeti, a Hand Turkey, or a Crimbo Elfling, but I really do regret not having the first three.

Thanks in advance.

:D

questlove

i'm not sure if i'm reading this correct, it spits out the following:
Familiars:
need Barrrnacle
need Angry Goat
need Levitating Potato
need Sabre-Toothed Lime
need Blood-Faced Volleyball
Familiars:
need Baby Gravy Fairy
need Leprechaun
Familiars (by price):
need Killer Bee
need Whirling Maple Leaf
need Cocoabo
at 11 missing.

of which i have all of. Am i doing something funky?

Crowther

[quote author=questlove link=topic=940.msg4661#msg4661 date=1180318442]Am i doing something funky?[/quote]

Since it works on your character now, I'm guessing you already figured out that the code doesn't work if you have your Terrarium hidden. I'll updated it to at least output an informative error message.

[quote author=Veracity link=topic=940.msg4660#msg4660 date=1180317407]I suggest you send me a Dodecapede, a Silk Garter Snake, and/or an Emo Roe.[/quote]

I wish I had that much extra riches. The biggest gift I've evern given was only worth a Mr A. The most expensive familiar I gave away because of this script was an O.A.F., which was promptly named after me. Doh!

i have three things to say
1. i like this script but it doesnt work i get the message:
need Barrrnacle
need Angry Goat
need Levitating Potato
need Sabre-Toothed Lime
need Blood-Faced Volleyball
Familiars:
need Baby Gravy Fairy
need Leprechaun
Familiars (by price):
need Killer Bee
need Whirling Maple Leaf
need Cocoabo
at 11 missing.
2. whats an O.A.F.?
3. I want stuff!

Crowther

[quote author=angeredtsuzuki link=topic=940.msg4665#msg4665 date=1180393187]I want stuff![/quote]
I don't think this is the best forum for begging, but I don't know of any better one, so I could be wrong. To be honest, I think you should give up now, if this is the best you can do. I'm a heart, but I'm not an idiot.

i was just messin' with you, my characters are pretty rich. but i really like the script and wanna help my friends but it just doesnt work too well. please figure out the problem. ill have one of my friends look at it too.

macman104

[quote author=angeredtsuzuki link=topic=940.msg4668#msg4668 date=1180414567]
i was just messin' with you, my characters are pretty rich. but i really like the script and wanna help my friends but it just doesnt work too well. please figure out the problem. ill have one of my friends look at it too.
[/quote]Did you read a few posts above you? Is your terrarium hidden? If so, the output you recieved is exactly what will happen.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
[quote author=Crowther link=topic=940.msg4664#msg4664 date=1180382676]
I wish I had that much extra riches.  The biggest gift I've ever given was only worth a Mr A.  The most expensive familiar I gave away because of this script was an O.A.F., which was promptly named after me.  Doh!
[/quote]
I was teasing you - not intentionally begz0ring. I was probably bragging, too, considering that the only familiars I am missing are expensive.

Nice script.

Peace. ;)

gemelli

I like it!

I think that suzuki's problem might have come from executing the script in the CLI without a PID function. If I call "Fcheck.ash" with no argument, that's the result I get, too. If you want to call it from the CLI, use this format: call fcheck.ash 384532 (where you'd replace 384532 with the player ID you want to check).

I couldn't get the colored printing to work for me, either, but I assumed it was just me :)

Also, when the hobo goes into your terrarium, it is called "Spirit Hobo," not "Homeless Hobo Spirit." It isn't homeless any more, y'see :D

im not executing it in CLI, i just hit the scripts tab and click on the script.
also, my terrariums are not hidden, i hate when people do that. so annoying

Crowther

[quote author=gemelli link=topic=940.msg4676#msg4676 date=1180476885]
I like it!

I think that suzuki's problem might have come from executing the script in the CLI without a PID function. If I call "Fcheck.ash" with no argument, that's the result I get, too. If you want to call it from the CLI, use this format: call fcheck.ash 384532 (where you'd replace 384532 with the player ID you want to check).

I couldn't get the colored printing to work for me, either, but I assumed it was just me :)

Also, when the hobo goes into your terrarium, it is called "Spirit Hobo," not "Homeless Hobo Spirit." It isn't homeless any more, y'see :D
[/quote]
Thanks.

It's tough when we're all using slightly different versions of mafia. If I call fcheck without an argument, it pops up a window asking for the player number. Also, there was a color printing bug which was very recently fixed (thanks Veracity).

Thanks for catching the Hobo name problem. I added the Mr Store stuff as an after thought, since it's of no use to me, then discovered how much work it was looking them all up. By the end I got tired and just started guessing. (lazy me)

I'll update the script in the first comment.

macman104

Can I make a suggestion or two?

Star Starfish should be in the required familiars category, and the BFV should be a great familiar. Also, is there a reason the Hanukkimbo Dreidl is in the "Not easy to give" section and the NPZR is just at the bottom of the list for highly priced? I thought the "Not easy to give section" was more of a joke since most of the familiars weren't tradeable.

There were a few familiars you left out, so I thought I'd provide the code for them below. I also included the Personal Raincloud, Spirit Hobo and Riftlet, since those were misspelled or had the hatchling name. Great script I love using it.

I was wondering, why not include the Terrarium url as a global variable, so you don't need to pass it each time?

Code:
    FCheckOne(Terrarium, "Fuzzy Dice");
    FCheckOne(Terrarium, "Grue");
    FCheckOne(Terrarium, "Mosquito");
    FCheckOne(Terrarium, "Personal Raincloud");
    FCheckOne(Terrarium, "Spirit Hobo");
    FCheckOne(Terrarium, "Temporal Riftlet");
    FCheckOne(Terrarium, "Wild Hare");

Crowther

[quote author=macman104 link=topic=940.msg4687#msg4687 date=1180505442]Can I make a suggestion or two?[/quote]
Wow! All great points. Thank you! I can't believe some of the mistakes I made. While you can't give a Mosquito, it should be listed in required.

Ok, I now have the correct six required familiars and BFV is listed as great. I had put the Dreidl in the "not easy" section because of the price.

NPZR should have been there too, because it requires giving a huge number of items and some that can't be given. Coming up with categories and orders wasn't easy. I've broken up that group and created "Impossible to give" and "Serious gifts". I think that works better, even if you can't give a full NPZR, you can give most of it if you really want to.

I'm tempted to put the Dreidl with Mr Store items, since it's in the price range, but it isn't a Mr Store item.

I fixed all the Mr Store familiars you mentioned. Hopefully that section is finally good. I'm sure the order isn't perfect, but the prices can change from day to day anyway.

Enjoy!

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
[quote author=Alexander Daychilde link=topic=940.msg4684#msg4684 date=1180500010]
Speaking of which, open that package I sent before your next run. :)[/quote]
Are you trying to reinforce begz0ring? ;)

You are very generous. Thank you!

zarqon

Crowther, great script! This will definitely save me some poking-around time.

I also have a suggestion: it's a lot easier (for me at least) to remember playernames instead of player ID's, so when I downloaded your script I rewrote it to use player names instead of IDs. I also did a bunch of other stuff to it, so I won't post it but I will post the handy function you might like to incorporate:

PHP:
// converts playername to playerid
int to_id(string player) {
   string page = visit_url("searchplayer.php?searching=Yep.&searchstring="+url_encode(player)+"&searchlevel=&searchranking=&hardcoreonly=0");
   if (contains_text(page,"No players found.")) {
      print("Sorry "+my_name()+", but '"+player+"' is in a different kingdom!","red");
      return 0;
   }
   page = substring(page,index_of(page,"showplayer.php?who=")+18);
   return to_int(substring(page,0,index_of(page,"\"")));
}

Crowther

[quote author=zarqon link=topic=940.msg6970#msg6970 date=1201987465]Crowther, great script! This will definitely save me some poking-around time.[/quote]
Thanks, that function is great! I've pretty much quit playing KoL and really should release some more scripts, while they still work. I played some this weekend to try out the new content. Then I decided to send an old friend a gift. Looking at the script suggestions, I decided on an exotic parrot, except you can't send those, 500K down the drain. Anyway, that made me decide it was time for an update (I was hoping someone else had done one). So after months of not checking here, I managed to catch your post in almost a week. Not bad.

Anyway, the script is updated. I think it has all the current familiars. The sorting is probably way out of date. If someone wants to figure out all the hatching prices for MrStore stuff and suggest a better order, I'd totally love it, but I'm not about to do it.

The updated script will be in the first post.

Crowther

Double post, for the bump.

I've added all the missing familiars. The sorting of familiars is really out of date. Enjoy!

zarqon

Crowther! Nine months of silence... thought you were gone for good. Good to see you back, and thanks for the update!