Automatic Porko!

bumcheekcity

bumPork.ash - Automatic Porko!

bumcheekcity's Porko Script 0.2

This is bumpork.ash, a game to automatically play Porko!

Simply complete the quest and unlock the Elvish Paradise, run bumpork.ash and it should work fine.

Code:
svn checkout https://svn.code.sf.net/p/bumcheekascend/code/bumpork

Last edited:
I've been working on this too. I have something that I think will work after rollover.

/me runs off to look at bcc's code...

Only issue I notice is that it doesn't notice when you're out of turns of Transpondance and just starts looping games it can't play. Otherwise, great job saved me a lot of time and mind numbing clicking!

Yeah, ours are very similar. I added Transponder support. And I save 1 turn of the effect at the end so you can still access the other Shops. I like that you (bcc) kept a running game count, and it gave me an idea for a reporting function that will print a result summary after you're done. Gotta wait til freakin' rollover to test.

Mildly modified - now asks you for the numbers of turns it is to spend Porko'ing, and stops when it runs out of the effect (or out of advs, or your advs). Practical!

By the way, Baby's First .ASH Tweak. This wasn't so hard, I should do this again some time.

Attachments

• bumpork.ash
    1.6 KB · Views: 327
Also keep the following in mind (it's not really a script bug, as it is a mafia or KoL issue):

As is, the way mafia counts the isotope cost of the game causes mafia to subtract 3 isotopes per play instead of 1. KoL always gives the message mafia is looking for on each play with how the script does it.

So if you run 100 turns, expect to have 200 more lunar isotopes than you actually see. You can see the evidence of this by doing the following 3 commands in the CLI in turn:
inv isotope
refresh inv
inv isotope

I'll look at that.

Then you may wish to know it's easily reproduced by trying to go to, say, your inventory while it's waiting for you to place the chip. Not sure exactly which feature of the script causes this reload to happen, but KoL always seems to give the "takes your isotope" message or whatever it is when it reloads the board due to being redirected back to it at least.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
(it's not really a script bug, as it is a mafia or KoL issue)
I disagree. When I play the game manually in the Relay Browser, here is the sequence of URLs visited:

spaaace.php?action=playporko&pwd
choice.php
choice.php?whichchoice=537&pwd&option=9

When the script plays a single game, here is the sequence of URLs visited:

spaaace.php?pwd&place=porko&action=playporko
choice.php
choice.php?whichchoice=537&pwd&option=1
choice.php
choice.php
choice.php

All of intermediate visits to choice.php cause KoL to refresh the Porko board with the original message. They are unnecessary.

I attach an improved version of the script.

Attachments

• bumpork.ash
    1.7 KB · Views: 579
Last edited:
Okay, so there is a script bug. But if you do the inventory thing you will also see mafia deduct another isotope, so there is a mafia/KoL blip there. Just not quite the one I expected was appearing with the script.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I could deduct the isotopes when you did the action=playporko. I thought that deducting them when KoL confirmed that we really did have the isotopes would be a better approach - when it redirected us to choice.php and gave us the "tongs" message. It was better because it made sure that KoLmafia and KoL agreed that you had lunar isotopes.

I'll think about it.

Yeah, that's why I keep calling it a "Kol or Mafia" thing in some way or another. In one way, I think it's a little bad that KoL will give you the tongs message even if you're on your third chip. And in another way, maybe there's a reasonable way you can make mafia handle that. But that still feels like you'd be putting a band-aid around an issue the game itself is responsible for. Since the script works now that's sufficiently awesome for me. The other case where excess deductions could happen probably won't happen that much, so it's not a big priority.

I disagree. When I play the game manually in the Relay Browser, here is the sequence of URLs visited:

<SNIP list>

When the script plays a single game, here is the sequence of URLs visited:

<SNIP list>

All of intermediate visits to choice.php cause KoL to refresh the Porko board with the original message. They are unnecessary.

I attach an improved version of the script.

Does this improved version also include the improvements in post 6?

Marcyroni

As is, the way mafia counts the isotope cost of the game causes mafia to subtract 3 isotopes per play instead of 1.
Interesting! That explained the 2.7 return average I got running the original script (based on just adventure tab results, not refreshed inventory), which was lower than farming Hamburglaris. I never thought it would be a display issue. (It IS just a display issue, right?)

Last edited:
Yes redwulf, it also checks that you have enough of the effect left, and asks you how many turns you want to actually run as well.

And for marcy, yes, it's just a "display" issue as you say. Data so far indicates that optimal play will net you about 4.3 isotopes per turn net (so 5.3 before the cost of 1 to play), though you will have plenty of instances above and below this. Sometimes boards are almost impossible to win anything on (I've seen the maximum expected yield per chip be .16 before), and others you can guarantee 9 on.

jijineiro

Today I averaged 4.259 isotopes over 285 adventures. Thanks guys for this script (I used the buggy one because I came to this thread too late)

Lord Bitchalot

SO somehow, mafia got stuck in a loop while running this. Stated the expected isotope gain about 50 times before I stopped it.

Expected 1.51 isotopes with choice #4. It was game number 13 (>_<) out 32 turns running.

slyz

Developer
Lag or some other connection issue maybe? That was the problem when it happened to me, in any case.