"Create" doesn't use special abilities?

ilikerps

Hello, I was wondering how one could create anything that required some ability to craft, like those items created by advanced cocktailcrafting or transcendental noodlecraft. I tried the create() function, but it tries to create and use a bartender- or chef-in-a-box, though I already have the skill. Is there any way to make it use my skills instead?

holatuwol

Developer
Skills expand the number of recipes you have available; they do nothing to impact the cost of creating those items. As such, there's no way to use your skills instead of a bartender/chef.

macman104

[quote author=ilikerps link=topic=879.msg4270#msg4270 date=1177240311]
Hello, I was wondering how one could create anything that required some ability to craft, like those items created by advanced cocktailcrafting or transcendental noodlecraft. I tried the create() function, but it tries to create and use a bartender- or chef-in-a-box, though I already have the skill. Is there any way to make it use my skills instead?[/quote]I think you misunderstand the purpose of the bartender and chef-in-a-box. They don't allow you to create items if you don't have a skill. They simply allow you to craft and mix items without consuming a turn. You still need the requisite skill to make the items.

ilikerps

[quote author=macman104 link=topic=879.msg4279#msg4279 date=1177275937]
I think you misunderstand the purpose of the bartender and chef-in-a-box. They don't allow you to create items if you don't have a skill. They simply allow you to craft and mix items without consuming a turn. You still need the requisite skill to make the items.
[/quote]
Ah, I did not know that. I can see they're use then. I had also assumed they broke after only a few creations, but I must have found that out before I started cooking/cocktailcrafting, thus having no sense of "a few" in terms of creating items. Thanks for the help.