Universal KoLmafia Daily Build Updater

This is my first attempt at a KoLmafia Daily Build Updater that works on all platforms KoLmafia supports. Right now it has a minimal GUI, and could probably be made better. Please feel free to suggest improvements or report bugs here. Note that, unlike KoLmafia, this updater requires Java 6. Also note that, due to there being no immediately obvious way to detect your current KoLmafia version on platforms other than Mac OS X, the first time you run this a new build will get downloaded.

How to use this thing:
If your system is configured to run JAR files with the Java interpreter, double-click the MafiaUpdater.jar file. It will start, do its thing, then start KoLmafia for you. There is also a native Mac Application package and a Windows EXE available.

Command-Line Arguments:
The program now supports some command-line arguments to influence its behavior.
/c OR /p OR -c OR -p OR --configure OR --config OR --preferences OR --prefs: Bring up the preferences dialog, and quit.
/s OR -s OR --silent: Enable silent mode for this session, and all future sessions.
/v OR -v OR --verbose: Disable silent mode for this session, and all future sessions.
/r OR -r OR --release: Enable release notes display for this session, and all future sessions.
/n OR -n OR --no-release: Disable release notes display for this session, and all future sessions

Moved MafiaUpdate to be hosted here - this is the LAST time I'll ever update it.

Last edited:

Rsmiley

Where does it save KolMafia (on linux) so I can add/remove scripts?

(found it /home/user/.kolmafia)

Important announcement regarding my auto-updater tool:

The release of r10000 broke MafiaUpdate's ability to reliably detect new builds, due not to a fault in MafiaUpdate's parsing algorithm, but rather because r10000 gets sorted to the bottom on the daily builds site.
V9.0 of MafiaUpdate works around this, so that future build number length changes won't break it.

Rinn

Developer
Could you add a flag to not launch the mafia jar and to have it block the command line until the file is downloaded?

Could you add a flag to not launch the mafia jar and to have it block the command line until the file is downloaded?
A flag to not launch the new download of KoLmafia.jar? That's easy to do, and has been added to the list of things to add for V9.1.
As for blocking the command-line until the file is downloaded, I don't understand what you want here... I never launch MafiaUpdate via the command-line; I always double-click the JAR - if that helps any.

Rinn

Developer
I launcher mafia from the command line because use windows scheduled tasks. Regardless never mind I updated my own updater.

Last edited:
V9.1 is ready with the new feature, as requested:

/l, -l, or --launch-mafia: Launches KoLmafia when done, for the current session and all future sessions.
/d, -d, or --no-launch-mafia: Does NOT launch KoLmafia when done, for the current session and all future sessions.

Like any other preference, this can be configured in MafiaUpdate's preferences window.

V9.3 is now out with a new feature: You can turn the "Downloading KoLmafia" and "Download Complete" notifications off, if you so desire, by launching MafiaUpdate with the --prefs option to configure these new settings (default is on for both).

Almost forgot, since I'm not maintaining MafiaUpdate anymore, I ought to provide the source code so that someone who DOES wish to maintain it can do so.

This was built with Eclipse 3.7 "Indigo" and Java 6.