reading the class manual with breakfast

gravymonkey

I want to read the Manual of Labor / Manual of Dexterity / Manual of Transmission along with breakfast (I'm trying for "The Butler Did It" trophie). I just wrote this today and I'll not be able to test it until the next rollover, but I wanted to see what you all thought. One issue is the script assumes you already have the Manual. I'll figure out the test for that later. Please let me know if I'm missing anything. This is my 1st try at writing a script, so I'm sure my logic is screwed up somewhere.

-gravy

So I tested this script and it doesn't work when I run it at breakfast, but I can run it from my script menu just fine and I was happy with that.
But, the day after I write this script, KolMafia 10.9 comes out and it has a checkbox for reading the guild manual in the breakfast menu; thereby making my script pointless.

This is just too funny. ;D

-gravy

Attachments

• Read_Manual.ash
    649 bytes · Views: 68
Many many times I have written a script to work around some ever so minor shortcoming of kolmafia only to have the script rendered useless in the next release because the same functionality was added to kolmafia. Honestly I think it's great when that happens!

AstroDroid

It's good when that happens, but I can never help but feel a little frustrated when I realize that I just wasted my time with a worthless script.

Efilnikufecin, how come my animated GIF images don't work in my signature or avatar, yet you have that sweet jump-rope smiley? Another frustration of mine, creating an animation only to find out that I can't get it to work on here....