svnversion problem

Winterbay

I set up compiling from source according to the instructions on the Wiki (using TortoiseSVN and WinAnt). The only difference I made was not using the desktop, but instead electing to use a folder in "My Documents".

Using the ant.bat file to compile the source works fine apart from the fact that I get no revision number. The error message I get is
Code:
     [exec] Execute failed: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "svnversion"
: CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

A quick search around the forum showed that this error message has cropped up a few times but I couldn't find a solution I understood :)

Can anyone help me solve this? Preferably in very easy words :)

Theraze

Ant doesn't include any svnversion.exe by itself... TortoiseSVN will work in Windows, but not command line, you need to get an external one if you're going to use it in the compile itself. I think I'm using the svnversion.exe from Cygwin currently...

Winterbay

Thanks. I downloaded and installed subversion which appears to have worked. I now have a fancy r9002 at the top of my .jar window :)

Grotfang

Developer
I stand by my previous comments regarding SlikSVN. ;-)

(I kid -- they all do the same thing!)

Just as a side-point though, is it worth sticking this into the wiki page? Which page are you referring to, Winterbay?

Grotfang

Developer
Done. Could still get people cocking up (if they don't add relevant folders to their Path, but meh. Can only lead them so far and they could always check the forums.