Trapper Ore script?

ckb

Minion
Staff member
I would like to automate the trapper ore script by pulling 3 of the correct type of ore from hagnks.

Is there any easy way to determine what type of ore the trapper is requesting?

I can do it now by pulling 3 of each ore (9 total pulls!), then visitnig the trapper, but I would like to avoid this.

ckb

The easiest way I can think of doing it is to make 3 scripts.

One for each ore type.

Visit the trapper, and then run the correct ore type script.

macman104

Yea, right now there is now way to tell what kind of ore he wants, unless you somehow pull the text from the page, but I think that would require more than just a script ;)

[quote author=macman104 link=topic=68.msg221#msg221 date=1144687579]
Yea, right now there is now way to tell what kind of ore he wants, unless you somehow pull the text from the page, but I think that would require more than just a script ;)
[/quote]

based an my notes a moxie classed character = asbestose ore, Muscle = chrome ore, Mysticality = Linoleum ore. My testing is not very extensive...only 20 ascentions worth so my notes aren't the most reliable. Can anyone prove or disprove this?

cjswimmer

I can disprove it.  I have 160 ascensions done (90 since the ore change in January) between 4 multis that are always the same class that reach the trapper on the same day, and they often have needed different ores.  The way I understand it, these choices get randomized and saved to your character's database profile when you ascend, the same way the monsters are randomized in the NS' Tower.

macman104

I am also fairly certain that it is randomized, much like other ascension randomizations that get set (tower monsters, ! potions, tavern squares, etc.) So until there is a way to pull text from the screen, I don't think there is a way to automate this part.

Makes note of that, and tries to figure out a way to make a batch file read KOLMafia's debug log reliably. Thanks CJswimmer, and macman104.

ckb

Minion
Staff member
Yea, I still have not found an easy way to get though that part in an automated fasion. I guess I am stick with wasting 6 pulls for the sake of avoiding all interaction with the game. ;)

ckb