faxdump

roippi

Developer
This script has been obsoleted due to native mafia fax handling.

Cheers.

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
You could replace the clanhop call for going to The Fax Dump with
visit_url("showclan.php?recruiter=1&whichclan=2046997154&action=joinclan&apply=Apply+to+this+Clan&confirm=on&pwd");
to save a server hit from clanhop checking your list of whitelists to find the clan to switch to. You still need clanhop to get back to your starting clan, though.

Bale

Minion
Thanks to Bale for already having done the hard part by making clanhop.

You're welcome. Incidentally, there is a regexp to find your original clan in my bafh script.

I was planning on eventually making a faxnetwork script that contains this functionality. Once the fax network is up and running. Can anyone tell me how that is going? Unfortunately I haven't had the patience to fully read through the thread on the subject yet.

slyz

Developer
The fax network will be N clans that hold copies of N monsters, and one bot. You will be able to send a command to the bot, he will then get a copy of the monster you want and feed it to the fax in your clan. Only a few (trusted) players will get whitelists directly to the monster-holding clans.

This only requires giving FaxBot a whitelist to your clan, and sending a private message specifying a monster. The list of commands and monsters will probably be posted in GD as soon as it is ready.

Since you now have a message in clan chat when someone puts a fax, maybe it would be possible to send the command and monitor events for the message? I don't know how request queues will be handled by the bot yet, so you might need to wait 30 or 60 seconds depending on the number of demands made to the bot.

The bot is almost ready, and some clans are set up already, so we should know more soon.

Bale

Minion
I see. I was hoping it would be as simple as just clanhopping to the monster clan and getting it directly. I suppose that was necessary to avoid grievers. It's a shame I cannot do it like that. I guess I won't be making a faxhop script after all.

I was hoping it would be as simple as just clanhopping to the monster clan and getting it directly. I suppose that was necessary to avoid grievers.
Sorry :-\
We can't open the back-end clans to just anyone. We're keeping direct whitelists to those highly controlled, we just don't want to risk someone messing it up and disrupting service of the bot, or worse, overwriting a rare photocopy.

slyz

Developer
Just a little feature request: you could add a simple check like this:
PHP:
if( item_amount( $item[ photocopied monster ] ) == 0 ) return true;

roippi

Developer
Thanks for the suggestions, that's why I posted the admittedly amateurish code. I like the item check to save server hits especially.

I'll rewrite it in a bit.

roippi

Developer
K well.

Slyz, I dropped the item quantity check into the script. Of course, now I've realized something: by just doing this through visit_url, the quantity of photocopied monster is not updated until an inventory refresh. Obviously I'm not going to put that in the script since that kind of defeats the purpose of trying to save server hits.

It looks like official fax support is in the works, and once that's implemented, this can pretty much be reduced down to an alias one-liner. Ah well, it's useful for now.

I was planning on eventually making a faxnetwork script

So we'll definitely need a mafia interface for communicating with the bot eventually. I'm envisioning a relay override with three tabs: a setup tab, a tab for adding new fax requests/hiding unnecessary ones/organizing them by [semirare/bounty/tower], and a tab with a nice button layout for one-click fax requests.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
chat_private() hasn't existed in Mafia for quite some time, so I don't think that we can actually use Mafia to interface with FaxBot unless it (FaxBot) is modified to also work with KMail.

Bale

Minion
chat_private() hasn't existed in Mafia for quite some time, so I don't think that we can actually use Mafia to interface with FaxBot unless it (FaxBot) is modified to also work with KMail.

And even if we use kmail to trigger it, we would still need to manually activate chat in order to receive confirmation that the fax was sent.

For these reasons I'm thinking that a chat macro may be a better option than a script. In this instance, without additional functions added just to support FaxBot, KoL's native interface is optimal.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
chatbotScript, perhaps? Probably overcomplicating things, but it'd probably work well enough.

I'm not totally understanding how a chat macro would work.

roippi

Developer
Kay, new version uploaded.

• add regex
  • perform check if you have a photocopier before attempting dump
  • save a server hit by just directly going to TFD without checking for WL
Thanks for your input.

I guess I understand the mafia limitations in interfacing with faxbot, and it still kind of bums me out. Faxbot is going to have a library of a ton of monsters to choose from, and a relay override seems like the perfect way of collecting them in one place. Ah well.