Mall script

marmoo

I hope this isn't in the wrong section. I have a request... Is it possible to make a script that beats the prices in the mall automatically, while having a limit at the same time? Thanks! ;)

Theraze

Lowest prices? No. Cheapest returns the 5th lowest price, and that's the lowest you'll get without hacking your source code.

marmoo

Lowest prices? No. Cheapest returns the 5th lowest price, and that's the lowest you'll get without hacking your source code.

o.o I don't really get what you mean... so is it impossible to make an automatic mall manager without hacking my source code? I want to set a price, and slowly decrease like it does in Kbay...http://kbay.turias.net/ if you haven't heard of it.

Winterbay

You can make a script that puts stuff in the mall, you can probably change the prices over time but you cannot check if you are the lowest or not and if not reduce your price. You will have to do that part manually since Mafia is designed not to be used as a mallbot.

mredge73

Try the "undercut" command to see if it fits your needs.

Scripting a fully functional mallbot is not the purpose of Mafia. However, a script can be made to add items and decrease prices periodically without feedback from the current market prices.
For instance, if you have a widget that you have priced at X, you can decrease X by Y every Z amount of time but you will be doing so blindly.
You can check your store inventory periodically to see if it is selling, this can help you guess what the best price is.
Good luck.