Point Release 10.4 - Custom Combat, Skill Use

Metraxis

I'm pleased to see that 10.4 has restored the relay browser and am happy about the other fixes I've seen.

However, I've noticed a change in consult scripting I'm not sure how to deal with. My own script uses a very simple logical flow based on predictions rather than scraped results, so these particular things may not matter to other people.

First, 10.4 seems to report the first round of combat as round 2. As I'm currently a Disco Bandit, this may because 10.4 is trying to pick the monster's pocket on round 1, but I don't think so, since I've seen this when fighting furry giants with conditions set to "1 giant needle" and a furry fur in inventory.

Second, while
Code:
monster [int] Dump = get_monsters($location[Castle in the Clouds in the Sky]);

foreach index in Dump {
	print(monster_to_string(Dump[index]) + ": " + monster_base_attack(Dump[index]));
}

reports the correct values for the monsters, this snippet:

Code:
int ML = monster_base_attack(string_to_monster(encounter));
if(encounter == "knight") {
	ML = 115;
}
print("Fighting: " + encounter + "/" + monster_to_string(string_to_monster(encounter)) + ", Base ML: " + ML);
reports values some 60 points lower (In the case of a furry giant, 81 instead of 145)

Finally, while my large script runs under 10.4, the portion of it devoted to maintaining buffs seems to have broken. Here is one of the 3 non-functioning blocks of code:
Code:
foreach Buff in GlobalBuffList {
	print("Maintaining " + effect_to_string(Buff));
	while(!maintain_effect(Buff) && my_adventures() > 0 && flag) {
		print("Meat Boosting...");
		flag = meat_boost();
	}
}
The maintain_effect() and boost_effect() functions are in the attached file (Lib.Buff.ash) The above block seems to call the funcion maintain_effect(), which calls boost_effect() properly, but with 0 turns of Jackass and 83 MP, boost_effect() never actually casts the buff.

Attachments

• Lib.Buff.ash
    2.2 KB · Views: 56