Price tracking script

cardern

Are there any scripts that exist that allow you to save a set of goods (say all Mr. Store items), and that will check the current prices for all of those goods for you when you execute the script? Would this be hard to do?

Grotfang

Developer
It's not hard to do, but I don't know if it will do what you expect. You see, mafia limits the info you can get on item prices (to prevent mall bots), so you would have to accept that the amounts you get won't necessarily be the lowest in the mall. In fact, with Mr. A items (lower supply) they are likely to not be the lowest in the mall. Therefore, no good for undercutting, very good for (fairly) competitive pricing.

I good place to start is the wiki. I recommend mall_price(), historical_price() and intelligent tracking of current pricing data (to reduce server hits).

If a script already exists, then it'll turn up on a forum search.

slyz

Developer
Philmasterplus' item_search.ash makes this pretty easy. Check out the thread for more technical details.

For Mr Store items, I made this little script for you. It doesn't directly use item_search.ash though - all you need to do is download PUtils.ash from that thread as well as ZLib.ash, and place them in Mafia's /script folder.

This little script will simply use Philmasterplus' "rare_items" data file, refresh the prices of all the IoTMs if they are more than a day old, print them in the gCLI, and create a data file called iotm_prices.txt in your /data folder with the results. I went ahead and updated the "rare_items" data file with the last few months' IoTMs.

I didn't really know what you wanted to do with them, so you can go from there, although keep in mind that Mafia's mall_price() function will only return the price of the 5th item, which can be quite different from the price of the cheapest item in the case of rare IoTMs.

Attachments

• IoTM_prices.ash
    467 bytes · Views: 75
Last edited: