Familiar equipment inappropriately chages

Metraxis

It's possible that this may be intentional behavior, but the following seems a little strange to me.

Using 2714:
Code:
> familiar cy  
Putting Heybaby the Sleazy Gravy Fairy back into terrarium... 
Taking Isabella Kieren the Cymbal-Playing Monkey out of terrarium... 
Request completed.  

> familiar sl  
Putting Isabella Kieren the Cymbal-Playing Monkey back into terrarium... 
Taking Heybaby the Sleazy Gravy Fairy out of terrarium... 
Request completed.  

> familiar nin  
Putting Heybaby the Sleazy Gravy Fairy back into terrarium... 
Taking The Late Ryu no Ahnuld Sparrow the Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot out of terrarium... 
Request completed.  

> familiar sl  
Putting The Late Ryu no Ahnuld Sparrow the Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot back into terrarium... 
Taking Heybaby the Sleazy Gravy Fairy out of terrarium... 
Taking off hot pink lipstick... 
Equipment changed.

The question is this: Why would swapping the NPZR out in favor of an SGF cause her to remove her lipstick? I've seen similar things before, but always with a lead necklace in inventory, but this run the only pieces of familiar equipment I have are the hot pink lipstick and a funky brass fez. Note that the problem does not occur when switching from monkey to fairy.

hmm, I have yet another question to add in. Why put the old familiar back in the terrarium first then take the new one out? seemingly to save server hits kolmafia would just take the new one out. btw: I have no clue as to why it unequips the lipstick.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
[quote author=efilnikufecin link=topic=703.msg3301#msg3301 date=1168547167]
hmm, I have yet another question to add in. Why put the old familiar back in the terrarium first then take the new one out? seemingly to save server hits kolmafia would just take the new one out.[/quote]

The "putting familiar back in terrarium" message is purely informational. It does not reflect an actual transaction with the KoL server. I coded it that way intentionally. I like it.

From FamiliarRequest.java:

Code:
		{
			FamiliarData familiar = KoLCharacter.getFamiliar();
			if ( familiar.getId() == changeTo.getId() )
				return;

if ( familiar != FamiliarData.NO_FAMILIAR )
				KoLmafia.updateDisplay( "Putting " + familiar.getName() + " the " + familiar.getRace() + " back into terrarium..." );

if ( changeTo != FamiliarData.NO_FAMILIAR )
				KoLmafia.updateDisplay( "Taking " + changeTo.getName() + " the " + changeTo.getRace() + " out of terrarium..." );
		}

super.run();

The "super.run()" is the single KoL request that is executed: A "put back" if that is all you are doing or a "take out" if that is what you are doing.

Metraxis

Re: Familiar equipment inappropriately changes

Having just experienced the issue while switching from a Cymbal-Playing Monkey to a Sleazy Gravy Fairy, I am now relatively certain that this is not an intentional behavior.

holatuwol

Developer
I've added extra debug code to isolate the problem -- basically, if it's removing your item because of the item-switching code, it will say so. If not, then it's probably something in the gear changer getting triggered. Let us know.

Metraxis

Using 2731:

Code:
<previous to this, 4 Adventures had been spent in the Hole in the Sky>
 Adventuring completed. 
Verifying ingredients for star hat... 
Creating star hat (1 of 1)... 
You acquire an item: star hat 
Script succeeded! 
Request completed.  
> familiar cy  
Putting Toad the Baby Gravy Fairy back into terrarium... 
Taking Isabella Kieren the Cymbal-Playing Monkey out of terrarium... 
Taking off funky brass fez... 
Equipment changed.

No out-of-the-ordinary messages appeared, but bear in mind

Code:
Revision 2731 - Directory Listing
Modified Thu Jan 18 04:04:13 2007 UTC (2 hours, 32 minutes ago) by shwei

Remove debug messages
Fix null pointer on adventure frame load

holatuwol

Developer
At least I now know it's not the familiar switching code that's doing it, then. Am I correct in assuming that you either have the gear changer open when this happens, or opened it sometime earlier in the session?

Metraxis

That is correct, and explains why I've not seen the issue when switching between 2 equipped familiars. (ie SGF+lipstick, CPM + Fez)

My default display tabs are:
Adventure
Graphical CLI
Player Status
Item Manager
Gear Changer
Store Manager
Internal Database
Preferences