How to funksling with a CCS?

I just want a CCS that tries to tatter away from every combat. The guide here doesn't mention how to use items in a CCS. Every time I enter anything into a new CCS and try to use it, the whole CCS just gets blanked after the first adventure, which leads me to believe I'm doing something wrong. Alternatively, how can I just get a CCS to use the ingame tatter macro I made? I tried looking, and the answer is probably in such an obvious place that I'm going to feel like an idiot.

Related question, is there a reason I can't set spamming tatters as my default combat action? Why are runaway items omitted from the dropdown list of combat actions, yet running away is an option?

Bale

Minion
Probably just because that drop down was created in the days before free runaways was invented. I agree that free runaway items might be an interesting thing to implement in that box, but the fact that you can make a CCS makes it seem pretty low priority and possibly cluttery.

slyz

Developer
Alternatively, how can I just get a CCS to use the ingame tatter macro I made?
Any KoL Macro command you enter in a CCS will be recognized and treated as such, if there isn't any equivalent CCS command (or a line surrounded by double quotes in a CCS are treated directly as a KoL Macro command). To convert your KoL Macro into a CCS, simply copy/paste it in a CCS, and put double quotes around each ambiguous line, like this:
Code:
[ default ]
"pickpocket"
while !match "climbs up and sits"
    item turtle totem
endwhile
call endit

[ global prefix ]
"sub olf"
"  if !haseffect on the trail"
"    while mpbelow 40
"      call mafiamp