Basement CCS?

Cieka

I know there are full blown scripts for basement diving that people have written to override mafia's default functionality, but so far I've found that mafia's default functionality works just fine.

However, I haven't found a good combat script to use for basement diving that takes into account the various monsters that either block spells, are physically resistant, etc. I'm sure there's some out there already written, rather than reinvinting the wheel, I just don't see them. Any ideas?

Bale

Minion
Just use a CCS. Everyone else does. Remember that it will match part of the monster's name, so you don't have to know how many "great"s are before grandfather. So you want something like this:

Code:
[ bottles of beer on a golem ]

[ default ]
item gas balloon
item love song of smoldering passion

[ dimensional horror ]

[ ghost of fernswarthy ]

[ stone golem ]

If you're being pickier, then fill out how to kill specific monsters in different ways. I just haven't been that picky since we got items capable of doing thousands of points of damage which work quite well against every monster in the basement.

By the way I think Rinn's basement script is a huge step up from mafia's default functionality since mafia won't buff you on its own. Rinn's script will even automatically use Dr. Lucifiers for MP restoration over 1000 points. Yay!

Last edited:

Winterbay

It will however not use Mafia arias which is a shame because that was what stopped my automation of the basement 9 times out of 10 this time around. It always seemed to fail with 50 or so Moxie left...

Cieka

Ah, thanks Bale. I looked around but just assumed there would be a CCS already that had everything in it. I tend to use divines for the monsters that can't block them, and love songs only when I have to. Not really any reason, just what I've always done I guess.

I didn't realize, for whatever reason, that it worked on partial monster names. So that certainly makes it a LOT easier.

Thanks. :)

mredge73

Here is mine:

Code:
[ bottles of beer on a golem ]
skill entangling noodles
consult throwdivine.ash

[ default ]
skill entangling noodles
attack with weapon
attack with weapon
consult throwdivine.ash

[ ghost of fernswarthy ]
item love song of smoldering passion

You can pick up throwdivine.ash here.

Rinn

Developer
It will however not use Mafia arias which is a shame because that was what stopped my automation of the basement 9 times out of 10 this time around. It always seemed to fail with 50 or so Moxie left...
This is incorrect it will use a mafia aria if the cost is effective ((value.percent_mod * my_basestat(my_primestat()) + value.absolute_mod) / value.cost * value.duration * value.effective_stats) is over .25 you can modify the .25 in the increase_stat function.

Last edited:

Winterbay

This may be true, but I feel that when I set the "acceptable price for a potion" to a value that makes it use potions that I feel are probably not cost efficient, it should use mafia arias which I feel are quite cheap all things considered :)