Turn burning with two characters in CLI

abfrogitts

So I've been using Mafia for a while, but I've just gotten into the script part of it. I have two characters that I'm using, and I'm trying to make a script so that they don't just sit there when I can't actually play both of them. For now, I'm using CLI because it's simpler and I haven't downloaded the .jar of Mafia to use .ash. The problem I'm having is, I think, with either the login command or the adventure * command. Here's my basic script for the 10.0 version of Mafia:

Code:
mirror record.txt
breakfast
buy 3 lihc eye pie, 1 Lord of the Flies-sized fries
eat 3 lihc eye pie
eat 1 Lord of the Flies-sized fries
adventure * knob goblin kitchen
login labiodental
breakfast
buy 3 lihc eye pie, 1 Lord of the Flies-sized fries
eat 3 lihc eye pie
eat 1 Lord of the Flies-sized fries
adventure * knob goblin kitchen

Right now, this script does everything for my first character, who I log in with and then execute the script under. When it gets to the "login labiodental" command, though, it just logs out and then hangs, not even attempting to do anything. Interestingly enough, a script I have that is identical to the above script but ends with the command "login labiodental" works just fine. However, despite what command is added next, if the script doesn't end with the login command, it hangs after logging out. Any help is appreciated.

Nightmist

In the main thread there have been a couple reports of the login command being "faulty" in the 10.0 release, although I can't say I personally know since I don't use it. You can download a older version of mafia, 9.7ish and then try using the script in that. It might not be a bug in 10.0 but if it is then perhaps 9.7 wont have it. >>

In simple terms the best tip I can give you right now is try a older version. Assuming you have the password saved, etc (but that shouldn't freeze it if you don't so *shrugs*)

dunsel

Try the script:
Code:
login labiodental
from the login screen.

If you are already logged in, any errors from the login command are not shown. If you are logged out, you can read what the actual problem is.

I suspect it is a pasword storage problem, I use a foreach login script and it works fine in 10.0