What does the "stop after" button do?

Spiny

I've grown used to using the stop after button while automating adventures and deciding I need to stop for whatever reason. This usually means the fight I'm in completes cleanly without having the mini-browser pop up for manual intervention.

Today I started messing around with a script and due to some things I forgot to include in the script, I stopped automation, to make the adjustments and comment out what had already done and restarted etc. The first time I stopped automation, I hit the Esc button since adventuring hadn't actually begun, made my changes to my script and restarted. Then I realized I commented out too much of my script for the restart and wanted to re-insert a part that I'd previously commented out. In this case, I hit stop after.... and while the adventuring stopped as expected, mafia ran thru the end of my script including overdrinking etc. So now I'm sitting with 23 drunk and 257 adventures, all because I hit stop after thinking all it would do would cleanly complete my current fight and then stop right there.

Is that how the stop after button is supposed to work? Ie continue to run thru whatever script is going before it stops?

slyz

Developer
I think I saw this happen even when hitting escape, with simple CLI scripts. I now frantically and repeatedly hit escape when I want to make sure my script stops =)

I never tried using the "stop after" button for a script though, I only use it when automating turns.

Bale

Minion
I've also noticed this issue when hitting "stop after" while automating. It ceases adventuring and continues with the rest of the script. I try to make my script robust enough to notice if automated adventuring stopped early.

I never tried using the "stop after" button for a script though, I only use it when automating turns.

That's what I do now when I have any doubt about what my script will do if adventure() stops early.

Winterbay

My experience of the "stop after" button is that it stops after the current action and in the case of a script that is when the script is finished.