Request: Queen Cookie farming script

Xireph

Would anyone like to create a script for me that would purchase "Drink Me" potions from the mall, use them, adventure until I get a reflection of a map, and then get a cookie? If you desire to be paid, tell me how much before you make the script. If it's reasonable, I'll pay you that much. If you're making the script out of the goodness of your heart/because it's fun, awesome!

Xireph

Also, this may be obvious, but I'll point it out to be safe.I would extremely prefer that any such script gets a queens cookie, not a random other one...

halfvoid

Not possible as mafia aborts after using a reflection of a map. Unless you're super savvy with visit_url, which I am not. Its not to hard to do most of that with just cli commands.

X = the amount of cookies you want to farm for.

Code:
buy X drink me; use X drink me; maximize item; goal +X reflection of a map; adv * red queen's garden;

then go into the relay browser, and this is the crummy manual part.
go to your inventory, miscelaneous, use a reflection of a map, select chess, select solve, select use another reflection of a map, repeat until all your maps are used up.

I have a script that does this, but I'm not at home right now so I don't have access to it. I can post it later when I get home.

halfvoid

Oh awesome. I'll have to check it out then. Although the cli method's worked out for me so far. Did you use visit_url or was there another work around i'm not aware of?

slyz

Developer
The CLI command chess solve will get the cookie once you saw the chessboard. I guess you can get to the chessboard using visit_url(), then simply use cli_execute() to solve it.

Xireph

Sorry if I'm being unnecessarily demanding, but I'm enough of a noob that on the whole I prefer an actual as such script I can download. I suppose I could try to fit the instructions together, but I would probably fail.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Halfvoid's little bit can just be copy-pasted into the CLI -- this acquires the map reflections. I think That FN Ninja is planning to post his script later if he has time; correct me if I'm wrong.

halfvoid

yeah, in the thing i posted, just copy everything from the code area, and replace X with whatever number you want to get.

Sorry guys, I met up with some friends and never actually made it home. I thought Bale or Rinn or someone would have already posted their version.

Here's the script.

Here's an alias:

alias queenme => ashq import<queen_cookie.ash> queen(%%);

Just using the alias without supplying a number will try and get one queen cookie, else using "queenme 3" will try to get 3 queen cookies.

If you find this script useful donations in the form of in game ninja paraphernalia are always welcome. Enjoy.

Change log:
Update v1.5 - Removed the sole user preference. It now uses the mafia preference "pendingMapReflections" when determining the number of potions needed. Also, calling it directly, you can now specify the number of cookies to get.
Update v1.6 - Fixed a bug causing an extra potion to be consumed in certain instances. Changed exits to returns. The queen function now has a boolean return and should return true if you actually got the number of cookies requested. I know, intuitive right!?
Update v1.7 - Retrieve potions rather than just buy them. Add a sanity check to adventure loop.

Attachments

• queen_cookie.ash
    4.1 KB · Views: 748
Last edited:

crumblenoob

Just a quick correction to That FN Ninja's script:

I noticed it reported I was too drunk to run the script if I didn't have a reflection of a map and was at the drunk limit (14/19), so I changed the following line:

PHP:
			if(item_amount($item[reflection of a map]) == 0 && my_inebriety() >= inebriety_limit()){
				print("You are too drunk to continue.", "red");
				exit;
			}

to:
PHP:
			if(item_amount($item[reflection of a map]) == 0 && my_inebriety() > inebriety_limit()){
				print("You are too drunk to continue.", "red");
				exit;
			}

Not major by any means, but my first mafia bugfix!

Edit: Also noticed that the script wasn't removing the Down the Rabbit Hole buff if you were farming multiple cookies, so I added:
PHP:
if(retrieved!=number_to_get) cli_execute("uneffect Down the Rabbit Hole");
at the end of the while loop. This avoids wasting the remaining buff turns trying to get another reflection of a map (which is limited to 1 drop per drink me potion).

Thanks for the work you put into it FN Ninja!

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
You don't have to remove the effect to use another potion. Use a bunch of potions all at once, farm all the maps. Removing the effect is just throwing away SGEEAs.

@crumblenoob
I fixed the inebriety check you mentioned. Thank you.

I did not however add the uneffect line because while it is true that you can only get one map per drink me potion,
if you use potions and do not get a map before the Down the Rabbit Hole effect wears off, you can get multiple maps from later potions. This counter is reset upon ascension.

I routinely use drink me potions while meat farming in aftercore and don't get the map drops from the drink me potion uses. So when I call this script to get multiple cookies I only need to use one Drink Me potion and shrugging the effect would be a waste. I see no good way to determine how many drink me potions you have used and not gotten the map drop for.

Last edited: