Auto-download latest SVN version (MAC)

tyilo

Auto-download latest build (MAC)

First it checks if you have installed the latest version. If you have it does nothing. If you doesn't have the latest version it will replace the java file inside KoLmafia.app in your applications folder.
I made this script in applescript and here are the requirements:
*Have KoLmafia.app located in Applications folder (Can be downloaded here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/kolmafia/files/ remember to rename "KoLmafia.14.0.app" to "Kolmafia.app")

Update:
*Added option to run KoLmafia after trying to update.

Update 26. Feb 2012:
*Fixed updating
*Supports lion now
*Don't download temporary version file to downloads folder

Update 26. Feb 2012 (again):
*Allow KoLmafia.app to be in any location
*Ask for confirmation and quits KoLmafia if running before updating.

Attachments

• KoLmafia updater.zip
    53.1 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:

Alhifar

This is the best I could find on that particular error code:
Error: -1409

Macintosh system error (-1409) * Named fork does not exist */ error

The info we have on this error means that some part of the OS is damaged or missing, (assuming that the HD directories & such aren't messed up). Try reinstalling the last big combo update from Apple. It's possible that you will have to do an "Archive & Install" to repair your system files.

tyilo

Do you:
*Have KoLmafia.app located in Applications folder (Can be downloaded here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/kolmafia/files/ remember to rename "KoLmafia.14.0.app" to "Kolmafia.app")
*Have a folder located at /Users/<username>/Downloads/ (default Downloads folder if the system language is English)

where Applications folder is /Applications/

tyilo

Try this version, maybe i uploaded an old version

Attachments

• KoLmafia updater.zip
    56.4 KB · Views: 179
It probably assumes that the build number will be 4 digits long...

The other updaters can handle build 10000 and later. Besides, the original author of this tool no longer plays KoL.