Purging the builds in this forum?

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
Do we have any reason that this forum even still exists? I'm considering purging all posts out of the Unofficial builds forum (moving important ones to another part of the forums first). Any opinions on why I shouldn't do this?

(This all has come around because I was performing a backup of the site and the attachments db is rather hefty.)

jasonharper

Developer
The attachments themselves can certainly go - nothing that old is likely to be useful, and could be easily recreated from the SourceForge repository if somebody actually needed it for some reason. However, there may be useful discussion attached to the threads, which I wouldn't like to lose if it can be reasonably avoided.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Is there any value added by agreeing that the attachments can be purged (because they can be recreated and are unlikely to be of much use beyond the most recent) but the discussion should remain? If so then let this post Add Value! Otherwise, Nevermind.

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah it was impossible, well not impossible just would take too much time. But I purged the all the build threads in the forum. That cleared up about 5gb of space they were taking up on the VPS. Also makes backups of the site a lot quicker.